iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Missing Blackflies

Started by chet, May 17, 2003, 08:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

All you folks that are short on your allotment of blackflies, I know where they are at. MY HOUSE  :'(   Please call them home as I have way more than my share.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

dewwood

No thanks, we don't really need any.  My son headed out this AM for a backpacking trip up near Wawa north of the Sue.  We were wondering about the black flies.  I guess they are officially out now.  We were not sure if they would be out yet.

Hope he does not get too bitten up.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

chet

Dat for north he may be safe for another week.   :-/   A least he had better hope so, otherwise they will be backpacking at a dead run.   :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

CHARLIE

Chet, keep all those dang blackflies. In fact I'm gonna send you a passle more! ;D  I'd like to eradicate them from Minnesota.  I looked at one once under a microscope and they are only a set of jaws with wings!!! :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Sawyerfortyish

Chet our wind has been blowin east to west and we thank you for feedin em it was probably time to change the breed anyway Don't send em back hungry :D

chet

My son and I are in the process of building a solar kiln. We can only work from 4:00 in the morning until about 7:30, then again at 8:00 in the evening we can work again. There is no way you can work with the hords we have right now during the day and stay a sain man.  :'(  It's a good thing they are normally only really bad for about 3 weeks.

Tom

The Yellow flies and Deer flies started here a couple of days ago and today I had to arm myself with a baseball bat to go to the barn.  Sounds like your blackflies.

chet

Tom, blackflies are really small compared to deer flys. But they more than make up for there size by shear numbers an agressiveness. A couple hundred of dem little buggers swarming in your face, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth can drive a guy nuts in short order. To make matters worse I think 90% of their body weight is teeth.   :o

Mark M

Gosh, I guess us prairie dogs are lucky. I haven't even seen my first mosquito yet. We can still have the door open that doesn't have a screen. Dose flies must be a tree thing. :D

Mark

CHARLIE

Tom, I know a deerfly hurts when it bites and I don't know what a yellow fly is, but I'd rather go agains them than the swarms of black flies. That's why I'm glad they are all migrating to da UP and Chet is feeding them so they'll stay there.  Not only do they swarm thicker than skeeters but they are nothing but teeth and wings. When they bite, the bite is very slow to heal and can easily become infected. :o  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

MrMoo

No need to worry if my black flies went over to your place. They were well fed before they left.
They were really bad this weekend. I wanted to change the oil in the pickup but couldn't convince myself to get under the truck where I couldn't defend myself.
Now where's the shotgun with that bugshot...

Thank You Sponsors!