iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pine, the kind that makes a head shake,

Started by drobertson, April 06, 2014, 09:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

After seeing WDH's pine I knew I had to post this thread.  I have sawn a pile of it, (SYP), and believe now, I can tell which pine will saw out without issue, and those that will,  we should all know however, that some logs have a mind of their own, and can test the best.   Bout to get into a pile of it again,  pics will follow, but for those who saw it on a regular basis, please share if possible some of the dreads of it,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Sometimes they seem to have an unpredictable mind of their own.  Logs with excessive sweep and those with ½" growth rings can be bad actors.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Rockn H

Logs, especially pine, with a left hand twist move when you saw them.

Thank You Sponsors!