iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

letter to central Boiler

Started by Logging logginglogging, May 24, 2017, 10:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logging logginglogging

I removed this post as I just thought I had too much personal info in it.

barbender

If I had to do all if that maintenence to my boiler, I wouldn't even want one. My maintenance routine consists of 1. Make sure boiler is full of water before first firing in the fall. 2. Clean out the ashes when it gets too full to hold a decent fire. My OWB (Heatmor) has been neglected, they call for a minimal amount of maintenance and I haven't even kept up on that. But the whole reason I wanted an OWB was to be able to heat with wood with the least amount of fuss.  I burn junk wood, and pay minimal attention to my Heatmor and it has been trouble free, a great unit. I also love 12 valve Cummins powered Dodge pickups, and Case 1845c skid steers. They're simple and they just run, even if neglected. That's the stuff I dig, sorry your unit didn't give you the life span you were looking for. But I have to ask, how many seasons does yours have on it? I don't think you can really blame the manufacturer for not warrantying a 5+ year old second hand unit, and if it can't be fixed why would they take it on trade?
Too many irons in the fire

NWP

Can the pinhole be welded and you can keep on using it?
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Logging logginglogging

barbender

Triple L, my Heatmor is not a gasifier. I'm sure the gasifiers are far more efficient, but they need  (as I'm sure you're aware) really well seasoned wood, and I'm sure a lot more maintenance. Not my cup of tea. I work in the woods, a lot of times at the end of the day the pickup gets filled with whatever scraps are on the job, and it goes right in the Heatmor when I get home. I have a hard time measuring how much I go through in a winter, but I would guess about 8 cords, heating a newly constructed, fairly tight and well insulated 2750 s.f. house. I'm sure if I was burning seasoned oak it would be less. To be honest, I am always on the lookout for dead standing jack pine, black spruce, and my favorite, tamarack. They all heat well and don't build ashes nearly as quickly as hardwoods.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!