iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Reality Logging Show

Started by Gary_C, May 19, 2014, 07:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

I saw some previews recently for a new logging show on the Discovery Channel called Siberian Cut.

From what I read, it starts on Tues. June 3, 2014 at 10/9c. I'm afraid it's going to be much like the other reality shows that I can no longer watch because of the eternal staged conflicts that are not reality. This one will probably be no different as the preview I saw the fists were flying already.

The only good thing is it appears to show a CTL operation as I saw some newer Ponsse equipment. I'll see how long I can watch.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Firewoodjoe

I know exactly what you mean on the others. But I can't wait to see this. I'm hopping for the best!

thenorthman

They where advertising all over out here about 6 months ago or so, trying to get enough yocals with "color" to go to russia and antagonize the Ruskies... Seemed more than a little sketchy, Plus I wonder whats going to happen now with all the saber rattling over the Ukraine
well that didn't work

BargeMonkey

I know Deere and Timberpro have shipped some pile of wood equipment over there. They say that theres massive forests over there that few people have ever seen, such a remote part of the world. I really liked the "American Loggers", was more to the tune of what we encounter. Bobby Goodson opted out of the shows because of the drama, if you do any reading about him he seems like a hardworking, savy business man. Thats the people they should do the shows about, the "AX-MEN" show makes me sick.

thenorthman

Yep the first season of hacks men was OK... barely... everything after that has been mostly junk... that swamp guy in Louisiana crazy but fun to watch,  Swamp loggers was pretty interesting.  American loggers was more about Log trucking then logging in my cruddy opinion...

I'm still surprised that hacks men is still on the air...  (I don't have cable, so what I have seen has been at friends that want to show me episodes... ::))
well that didn't work

BargeMonkey

I spent 4 yrs in the gulf, seen enough of those people to last me a lifetime, last thing I want is them on my TV. They had a few episodes with CTL, and full tree on "american loggers". Out this way the trucking goes hand and hand, at least in this area. Its something to see those guys go loaded up the road. Goodson has sold alot of tigercat equipment because of that TV show, not much here but I see more of it north, and CJ's had a yard full of it.

barbender

I heard that a local forwarder operator was propositioned for this show with the Ponsse equipment. He is known as much for his operating skill as for his knack for drama ::)
Too many irons in the fire

Mark Wentzell

There was another logging show on discovery a while back, I only saw a few episodes of it. It was more of a documentary type show without a lot of the staged stuff. Each episode showed a different logging operation, one was a  heli logging operation, another was a horse logger.

craigc

Starts in June on the Discovery Channel.  Just saw it while I am watching Deadliest Catch.
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

thecfarm

Mark,was there a mule one too? Seem like the Butt brothers??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

redprospector

There's not much that's real in any of the reality shows that I've seen, Ax Men especially.
In the late 80's or early 90's there was an outfit that was taking applications for fallers to go to Siberia. My wife and I came real close to going, but decided not to. I can't for the life of me think of what our reason was now.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Mark Wentzell

Quote from: thecfarm on May 20, 2014, 09:30:11 PM
Yeah I think they were on it. That side log loader thing they have is freaky  :-\

nhlogga

Quote from: Mark Wentzell on May 20, 2014, 04:30:29 PM
There was another logging show on discovery a while back, I only saw a few episodes of it. It was more of a documentary type show without a lot of the staged stuff. Each episode showed a different logging operation, one was a  heli logging operation, another was a horse logger.

I believe it was Extreme Loggers. Bobby Goodson was on there.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

ozarkgem

nothing more fake that REALITY TV. That is why I don't have TV. well one of the reasons anyway
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Olli

The came up to Alaska and made some short cuts for a season about Firewood logging . if the can sell the test tape you can see as there two  ;D

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: Mark Wentzell on May 21, 2014, 04:16:40 PM
Quote from: thecfarm on May 20, 2014, 09:30:11 PM
Yeah I think they were on it. That side log loader thing they have is freaky  :-\

Yes that loading system looked scary. Couldn't believe it. Those mule loggers were on dirty jobs too.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

stamper

speaking about out of the country logging...one of the guys up here was going to go to south America to work on an underwater logging operation. An underwater forest created by a new dam,  Sadly he was killed before he left.
If you don't run, you rust.
-Tom Petty

goose63

Will watch the first one but if its like ax men that will be it for me
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

clww

Quote from: goose63 on May 30, 2014, 07:32:08 AM
Will watch the first one but if its like ax men that will be it for me
I'll be doing the same thing here.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

lynde37avery

I watched the first episode tonight.
all I have to say is I would never go to that place. they can have it. their boss promises the crew payroll $5,000 per month plus a bonus if they do good. nope I'm all set, they are surrounded by wolves and Russians that hate Americans. and its about -30* F when they are logging.
Detroit WHAT?

Gary_C

I kind of expected to see all the drama but I've decided to ignore that junk and just enjoy seeing Siberia without being cold and watch the two nice machines operate.

I had to laugh when they claimed the forwarder "lost traction" on that railroad crossing. That machine could go thru 4 feet of snow without losing traction so I doubt that level crossing would be an obstacle. But it did remind me of the real drama of the old IP pulp mill in Sartell, MN that had a main rail line that split the plant and that was scarey crossing that track. Those big container trains went thru there at over 60 mph. You had to sign in every time you went into that plant to certify that you would not stop on the tracks. But that Sartell plant is now closed for good.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

goose63

Watched it last night that was enough for me
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Joe Hillmann

If you want to watch a "reality" show about Siberia you should check out "Happy People: A Year in the Taiga"  It is more about fishing and trapping but they do cut down a couple trees in it.  It is still staged, but more in the "let me get the camera set up to get a good shot before you do that" way rather than a "lets see how much drama and danger we can add" sort of way.

Woodhauler

Show was a bunch of crap! Maybe the one toothed guy will make enough to either get his fang pulled or get some falsies!Flying ahead in a military helo, and finding 2 trucks setting in the way at 40 below, then hot wiring them and they strart right up????????
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

CTL logger

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 05, 2014, 11:43:39 AM
Show was a bunch of crap! Maybe the one toothed guy will make enough to either get his fang pulled or get some falsies!Flying ahead in a military helo, and finding 2 trucks setting in the way at 40 below, then hot wiring them and they strart right up????????
I couldn't have said it better Woodhauler. I couldn't watch the whole show turned it off 15 minutes in what a load of bull.

Autocar

Woodhauler you made my day [ Eather get his fang pulled or a set of falsies ] that was a good call  :D  :D
Bill

clww

Saw it the other night. ::)
As I anticipated, waaaayyyyy tooooo much made-up drama. smiley_thumbsdown
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

barbender

The sad thing is that there is enough real stuff that happens in a typical logging spread to make a documentary type of show, without the staged drama.
Too many irons in the fire

Ford_man

Woodhauler did you notice that where the trucks were left in the middle of the road the road was plowed and no snow around those trucks. splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley

Woodhauler

Quote from: Ford_man on June 06, 2014, 09:31:43 AM
Woodhauler did you notice that where the trucks were left in the middle of the road the road was plowed and no snow around those trucks. splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley
Yes and the turn out 100ft from where they was.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Thank You Sponsors!