iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Singer, sausage businessman Jimmy Dean dies at 81

Started by CHARLIE, June 14, 2010, 01:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

I remember well his hit song, Big John. You just don't mess with Big Bad John.  I also think his sausage company made about the best commercial sausage in the U.S.   Before he came out with his sausage, most the sausage you bought had so much fat in it that it would shrink 50%, but not Jimmy Dean sausage......

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iQA6ZCbk6z4_A_cAAjeAGL9MlBhQD9GAPRFG0
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Chris Burchfield

Big John was and still is a good song.  We only buy JD Hot sausage, Wright bacon or salt cured ham for breakfast.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Tom

I remember Jimmy Dean as not only a singer, but just someone pleasant that you wanted to be around.  It might have been a put-on persona, but it sure felt real.  I sure hope he left his children with the genes for a full head of  hair.  Their gonna need it to cover up the propensity for big ears.

I read that he had a bad time with his sausage company since losing the "chair" to the young sprout marketing executives at Sara Lee.  Probably he was trying to stand up for his product and his customers.  He just seemed like he would be that kind of guy.

Another one down.  I wonder if this old world can keep on replacing folks like that, or are we destined to worship gangster rappers and unwholesomeness?

Everybody seems to be wishing that he Rest in Peace.  I wish him a foot stompin', jam session around the old cook stove with Roy acuff, Chet Atkins, Elvis, Floyd Cramer, Roger Miller, Minnie Pearl and Jerry Clower telling stories between songs.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Tom on June 14, 2010, 02:39:04 PM
I remember Jimmy Dean as not only a singer, but just someone pleasant that you wanted to be around.  It might have been a put-on persona, but it sure felt real.  I sure hope he left his children with the genes for a full head of  hair.  Their gonna need it to cover up the propensity for big ears.

I read that he had a bad time with his sausage company since losing the "chair" to the young sprout marketing executives at Sara Lee.  Probably he was trying to stand up for his product and his customers.  He just seemed like he would be that kind of guy.

Another one down.  I wonder if this old world can keep on replacing folks like that, or are we destined to worship gangster rappers and unwholesomeness?
Everybody seems to be wishing that he Rest in Peace.  I wish him a foot stompin', jam session around the old cook stove with Roy acuff, Chet Atkins, Elvis, Floyd Cramer, Roger Miller, Minnie Pearl and Jerry Clower telling stories between songs.

I'm afraid that is where we are heading. Sad but true.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Thank You Sponsors!