iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My log Arch, log ramps, and log winch I built

Started by mainiac1, June 21, 2019, 02:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainiac1

Here are some mods I've done to help me get logs onto my trailer, and onto the mill. All work pretty darn good and weren't too difficult to build. The winch is from Harbor Freight, 2500 LB. The log ramps are 2" x 2" x 1/4" thick box steel. I used the u-clamps that are part of the mill frame and added a couple more I fabricated so I can position the winch better to the center of the log. Gotta upload the log arch to youtube first...so eventually will post video of it in action.
Also got a shot of my homemade Can't dog! pretty good for bigger logs. First thing I learned about winching a 20" log onto the mill was that it will drag the mill to the log if the log is big enough. Had to position the log onto the log ramps, then start winching :)

Crossroads

Way to get creative, that should work well 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

bags

All the upgrades you install on your mill will make fling'in sawdust more enjoyable, and wont break the bank if you know how to run a torch and welder.

I built and installed a power feed on my mill for under 500.00. When I put my mill back on its trailer, I have the parts for a power log clamp and a power log turner both driven with HF winches.

Gotta give design credit for the clamp and turner to the posts that FF member YellowHammer was kind enough to show all our members.

gdaddy01

would these work around a sawmill?

Note from Admin:  Pics must be in Forestry Forum Gallery please read rules.

gdaddy01

I posted the rollers and am wondering if they would be a good thing to have around a mill or just something to get in the way ? thanks for all input . mostly sawing by myself .

mainiac1

Gdaddy, post your pics..I'd like to see your roller setup, as I saw by myself too. Pics were a pain the first time I posted, but worth the effort. 

Thank You Sponsors!