iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mr. Wizard

Started by Tom, June 13, 2007, 10:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Don Herbert, who was Mr. Wizard, the science teacher of early TV fame, died June 12, 2007.

We lose another of the stanchions of our society.  With what will they be replaced?

Fla._Deadheader

I used to enjoy watching that show.  :(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

thurlow

I didn't mean to find this out, but couldn't help it.................Paris Hilton is gonna be free in a couple of weeks; think she could fill in?  ::)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

DanG

Not to despair, Tom.  There is still a bunch of good things for those who are willing to seek them out.  It was easier in Mr. Wizard's day since there were only three channels and most of us only got one of them. ::)

The news that Paris Hilton will be free is no surprise...she has always been cheap, anyway. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodmills1

could always bring back roy underhill the woodwrights shop :D

I loved mr wizard.....I taught science all the years ya remember
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Slabs

Mr Wizard was one of my childhood heroes.  He made Saturday mornings worth getting up for.  I give him part credit for my pursueing a technical career.

He made have pride in once being employed by one of General Electric's companies.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

SwampDonkey

Used to be a lot of good science shows and family shows. Now it's mostly trash. I tune in to PBS most times, or flip in a DVD of an old show or pester you guys on here.  ;D

My skin crawls when I try to watch Survivor or Big Brother type shows.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodmills1

although How it Works is a great show.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Quartlow

I like, how its made. That how I learned threads are actually rolled in a bolt not cut.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!