iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Female Fallers

Started by jwhitaker1375, January 24, 2019, 05:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver05262

In New Ashford today; she's helping her Dad this winter, at least until the landscaper job opens back up in the spring.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

chep

I have a good friend that chopped full time around 2005. She was on a cut to length crew and said at the time she believed she was the only full time lady chopper in New England. I believe there could have been a lady in PA that was also a chopper. 
Today she is a veg farmer in Maine and runs a very successful operation with her husband and kids. I believe she still cuts all the firewood. 

That was 13 years ago, and it's to bad more women aren't in the industry. I'm lucky to have worked with a few different women, who were my all.my bosses at those jobs. Several for pro trail crews and then a lady in Seattle who had a tree service. She was the main climber and a real badass! Women are just as capable as men in the work we are doing, and like I said it's to bad there aren't more in the industry

Randy88

My wife runs everything from saws to semi's, excavators, dozers you name it, she's done it.     She's always run the chainsaws for me, have no idea how many hours she's had a saw in her hand, but with hip surgery this past fall, changes had to be made and I did.........................so I bought her a Bell feller buncher.    To say the least, it took some time to get the hang of it and has yet to actually go up and grab and cut down a sizable tree, [the boys and I do the large stuff] she's done some small one's, but she uses it for cutting up and carrying material, there's still a long learning curve to it, but not counting the first few days of attempting to operate it, she did eventually give two thumbs up.

Both my daughters ran saws over the years, along with every piece of equipment I've owned, but I too tried to steer them to better and safer careers, which they have done, but they can run or do whatever needs doing and both are and were excellent operators of anything.     My youngest daughter teaches school now, and I think its somewhat of a shock when she tells her kids [students] she's run chainsaws and about every piece of equipment known to mankind and has the photo's and knowledge to prove it.   

To me I don't care if your a man or woman, as long as your qualified/competent and safe doing whatever it is your doing and you enjoy doing it.    

AZ_builder

There's 2 lady techs at my shop, both do well in the business.

Weesa20

Quote from: Oliver05262 on February 01, 2019, 04:25:21 PM

In New Ashford today; she's helping her Dad this winter, at least until the landscaper job opens back up in the spring.

New Ashford MA?- where I grew up and parents still live. I think there was literally logging on every road in town this past summer and fall- only six roads in town but still....that's alot of timber for a small town.

W

gasman1075

I am right over the mountains in Stephentown NY
JD 2302R/Stihl MS461/Stihl MS261/ Timberwolf TW-P1/ new left hip /

erin

In my area there might only be two of us :( however I have met some amazing galls online that would give any dude a run for his money lol. Keep up the good work my fellow lumber jills  

Hans1

Seems to be quite a few in the Scandinavian country's my instagram has a bunch seem to be very skilled good to see. They also seem to have a stronger tradition of safety gear than in the states.

Thank You Sponsors!