iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WoodMizer open house in Perkinston, MS. Feb 27, 2010

Started by Bibbyman, February 06, 2010, 09:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Mary and I would sure like to get down there to the open house.  From all we've heard about the place, it'd be an interesting  place just to visit – let alone attend a WM open house.  We've been suffering from an acute case of cabin fever and winter blues.  I don't know if there is a way we can swing it, but we'd like to go.

Who's been to the WM service center in Perkinston, MS? 

Anyone else attending?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

pineywoods

I've been there. The place is a little out of the way, and not real easy to find, but it's well worth the trip. They had an LT15 with 50 feet of track set up to mill bridge beams. Don't miss the fire truck. I won't be able to make it, the wife will probably be bed fast for 6 more weeks. If you take the shortest (not the quickest) route from Mary's house to Perkinston, you'll come right past my place. Stop and visit.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

fishpharmer

Bibby, there is a slim chance that I could get down there.  Its about 3 hours from me.  If you get down to MS your Welcome to stop by.  I have been by there once, briefly, the service center has some interesting sights.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Don K

I went there to the 25th anniversary and back again for a open house. It is a interesting place and Tim is a great host. I am working dayshift or I would be there.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Radar67

I went to the 25th Anniversary there too. It is an awesome place to visit. I have many pictures of it in my gallery. I have obedience training that day, so won't be able to make it.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Bibbyman

Quote from: Radar67 on February 06, 2010, 08:20:07 PM
I have obedience training that day, so won't be able to make it.

So... why don't you just be disobedient and come to the open house instead.   :)
Sawing since '94

Magicman

I was there for the 25th.  I won't be able to make it this year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wwsjr

I am going try to make it down there. Need a few parts and see what is new this year. I assume the GA gang will be there.

Bibby, if you come thru NE MS give me a yell, I probably will go down on Friday morning.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Don K

I am going to try to make it Sat. There is one person at work who can cover for me that day. I hope he is up to it.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

fishpharmer

I am making plans to be there Saturday.  Short of an emergency.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Don K

Well, I have found someone to work for me so if the weather is nice, me and the wife will be making a road trip.

Don

Bibbyman

Sawing since '94

Don K

fishpharmer has some. A low turnout due to anticipated rain. Gave me better odds on winning something in the drawings.

Don

Thank You Sponsors!