Northern project 2019 Date set May 4th

Started by Bruno of NH, February 04, 2019, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

My place 
I haven't asked Peter yet 
How about on May the weekend after the loggers show
I can't do it without Oliver and his wife
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

If it's at my place
I have a dog so she will be running around
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Petefrom Bearswamp
I will show you how to sell your slabs on FB if you want

Stephen1

I only have the May 18 weekend open, it awould be better for Cathy and I. April 27 is usually the last weekend to put our sugar bush to bed Before blackflie season.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Oliver05262

We will be there whatever weekend Bruno can get the most of us there. We're retired, so the schedule is pretty flexible. 
  Anyway, that would make an excuse to go to the Paul Bunyan show................
She's got me booked for her quilt show in Essex sometime in June, too.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Bruno of NH

Weekend of May 18 is the loggers show in Maine I think

Bruno of NH

How about May 4th
I want as many to come as we can get.

Crusarius

I always do a cinco de mayo party. your all welcome to come :)

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Bruno of NH on February 09, 2019, 12:56:51 PM
How about May 4th
I want as many to come as we can get.
Works for me
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

curved-wood

I loved it last year and I like to return. What's on the program beside the help for selling slab ? Is there will be some sawing like last year (hoping )?

Jim_Rogers

This gathering is more a social, discussions and demonstration gathering, not a sawing gathering.

Jim Rogers

Bruno of NH

We will be sawing some demonstration logs.
Anyone that would like to show or talk about sawing,drying,planing,felling,skidding and firewood processing is welcome.
Building and woodworking. 

Bruno of NH

Any forum sponsor's are welcome to attend .

Bruno of NH

Networking benefits us all
I believe 

loganworks2

I will stay tuned to this station to find out where all the sawdust settles. Then I will come if at all possible. It was a great time last year at Peter`s.

Bruno of NH

I'd like to firm up the date
I have some sponsors that might be able to attend they need a date.
Thanks Bruno

Oliver05262

You earlier suggested May 4, and that works for us.
:D "If you build it, we will come". 8)
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Jim_Rogers

Sixacresand

Studying the map to plan a trips that avoids the big cities in the NE.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

51cub

I definitely want to come again
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Southside

Quote from: Sixacresand on February 13, 2019, 11:56:34 AM
From Charlotte 77 north to I-81 all the way to Scranton, PA, lot of trucks - but no cities, then 84 East (Newburgh Bridge)- after you cross into CT there really are no good ways to avoid cities.  Hartford is not too bad as long as you don't try it during commute hours - it's nothing like Atlanta -  after that it's Worcester, MA but you can go to the west of it and it's not as bad - traffic will begin to peter out as you get toward the NH line.  Aside from the Newburgh bridge and a short section of the Mass pike I don't recall any other tolls along that road either, maybe one in NH - I don't know where Bruno is exactly,  95 is a whole different story and you don't want to go there!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Southside logger on February 13, 2019, 10:47:01 PM
Quote from: Sixacresand on February 13, 2019, 11:56:34 AM
From Charlotte 77 north to I-81 all the way to Scranton, PA, lot of trucks - but no cities, then 84 East (Newburgh Bridge)- after you cross into CT there really are no good ways to avoid cities.  Hartford is not too bad as long as you don't try it during commute hours - it's nothing like Atlanta
If I may: SS is right about the CT issue (my kin who live there call it the constipation state). Follow SS's route up to 84, BUT, turn north on the NYS Thruway (87) and take that to the mass pike, then East on the pike and take either the Worcester route, OR depending on time, take 495 around Boston. The Worcester route can be very tight, the Boston route less so and more straight, however Boston will be much worse during weekdays anytime near commuter hours, Worcester will be a lot less so. I used to run this route twice a month or more and did them both, too often. The CT route has a very low chance of being clear all the way through. Wish I could join y'all.
Edit, you WILL have tolls on this route.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Crusarius

I have never been on 84 when it was not a parking lot. I have traveled it many different times of day and night.

curved-wood

Beginning of may is good for me. Hope that I will be able to camp in the sand pit again. Top souvenirs

Bruno of NH

Camping in the back area is open for anyone wanting to.

Thank You Sponsors!