iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MY Favorite Meal

Started by Gary_C, December 03, 2007, 12:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

A big rib eye steak seasoned with black pepper and Lawry's and fried in a cast iron skillet.  Serve it with hashbrowns and a ptcher of cold water.  Cherry pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WDH

Like Furby said......a pig cooked over a hardwood fire, especially its rib parts.  Then baked beans (with bacon) and some creamy coleslaw (mixed with the beans slightly where they overlap on the plate).  Also, some sweet tea. 

After that, no need for dessert :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Weekend_Sawyer

For my birthday Mom would cook me fried chicken, blackeyed peas and rice and make a strawberry shortcake. I'm kinda tearing up just thinking about it.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

olyman

a GOOD ribeye--soaked 24 hrs  in thick teriyaki sauce--then on the grill--fresh mashed taters--frozen green peas--some good fried onions---------for dessert---fudge pie and a good cup of joe---oh--theres no calories in that pie!!! ::) ::)

Patty

Oh soooo many foods so little time! Roxie, you and I are right on with this one.

One of my top ten would have to be a BIG plate of spaghetti with meat sauce (Norm makes the best ever); garlic bread (just set the whole loaf by me); fresh spinach & greens salad with tomatoes & cheese on top & Norm's homemade dressing. Then for dessert, strawberry shortcake with fresh sliced strawberries and whip cream on top or fresh peach pie with whipped cream.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

isawlogs

Prime rib roast , done medium  rare ,mushrooms , sweet peas , red taters with da skin , carrots  gravy , fresh home made bread ... lots a butter ( sorry Burlcraft  ;D ) for desert ... Home baked apple pie with a nice helpin'of vanilla ice cream with maple syrup spread out onto the pie and ice cream .

Now I have to go and have breakfast all oiver again .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Don_Papenburg

I think that ribs done up proper two slabs overlaping the plate meat that falls off the bone dripping with BBQ sause. YumYUm .  fresh picked sweetcorn ,baby beats . finnished off with Rhubarb pie or pumpkin pie with homemade ice cream .  and unsweetend ice tea.  8)
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

sawguy21

Don, I'm on my way. :D That sounds mighty good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ohsoloco

I could never pick a favorite meal, but it's the ones I don't have very often that I enjoy the most (like pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes)  :)

Today I whipped up some of my favorite leftovers.  Last Thursday we had a snow day, so I ended up around the house all day.  Perfect time for some home made soup.  Grabbed a big soup bone and a package of sirloin I needed to use up (the vacuum seal gave out), and made some vegetable beef and barley soup. 

Leftover soup is the best, but when I get down near the end I heat it up on the stove, thicken it with a roux, and then drop dumplings on top.  MAN ALIVE that's good eatin'!  I do the same thing with the last of the pot roast  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!