iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is anyone ice fishing yet?

Started by purple otter, January 08, 2012, 04:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purple otter

Just wondering if anybody has ice yet.With this mild weather here in western NY ,I don't know if we will even have a season :-\ Some pictures would helpthose of us who are iceless make it through the winter,thanks!
Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

beenthere

They are ice fishing in Madison on Lake Monona in a bay. A friend has been going there daily up to last Monday at least.
Most of that Lake is open water however.
Sorry, no pics.

Also, I saw two robins this morning. That was a surprise.  :o
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chevytaHOE5674

I don't fish but plenty of people have been ice fishing around here for a month or more. Has been a crazy winter so far though.

Jeff

I'm hoping to get out with neighbor Joe this winter. These guys go about it different than I do.

http://vimeo.com/34340906
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Well, that will leave you wondering which end is up.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

We have alot of small ponds around here,so many have been on the ice.Went by Auburn Lake the other day and all most all of it was open,which did not surprise me any.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Patty

No ice fishing here, the water is all open still.

Ice diving is a sport I never had the courage to try. While I love to scuba dive, I just could not bring myself to cut a hole in the ice and go under....it would be beautiful though if that video is any indication.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ron Scott

Yes, there's usually great visibility under the ice. A nice time to dive on some of our shipwrecks.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!