iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safety protocols in Wyoming.

Started by rjwoelk, April 17, 2016, 09:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjwoelk

Picked up a load at a mine in wy last week. If you got out of the semi you had to chock the wheels, (with the 8 spring brakes ingaged ) they were so onto this idea, that one employee was fined for not chocking the D8 cat, with the blade down. The inspector said a wind might move it. Wow
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

r.man

If the wind is bad enough to shift a D8 I doubt any chocks that a person could handle would do any good. When reasonable enough ideas become ridiculous.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Gearbox

Those are the crazy MSHA rules that I worked under for 30 years.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Magicman

Once while Antelope hunting in Wyoming I was sitting on the truck tailgate building a sammich.  The wind was so strong that it blew the meat off of my bread.   :o  Had to gather it up and wash the sand off.  True story.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

A mill near here mandates hooks on the log binders, my buddy normally puts a half hitch in them which satisfies the government but not these guys. They allowed the first load but warned him not to come back without the required equipment. Their people are not loading him, what's the problem? Some safety rep is trying to justify his existence.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!