iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Circular sawmill

Started by alexvargas, April 19, 2015, 02:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexvargas

Hi everybody,
My name is Alex Vargas, I just found an old circular sawmill in the woods, the owner wants to sell it, i just don't know how to post pictures, any help would be apreciated.
thanks.

stihlsawer

Welcome to the forum. There are numerous ways, but I save pics to my computer and then upload the pics into My Gallery on this website. Hope this helps and wish you a blessed day.

Trever
Trever Jones
Stihl 076 Super, 034, MS 260 PRO, MS 192T
Dolmar 116si
GB 44" lumber mill, Mini mill, Beam machine

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, alexvargas.

Scroll down to the bottom of the Index Page to the picture posting Tutorial.  If you have questions, just ask.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jeep534

Quote from: alexvargas on April 19, 2015, 02:55:26 PM
Hi everybody,
My name is Alex Vargas, I just found an old circular sawmill in the woods, the owner wants to sell it, i just don't know how to post pictures, any help would be apreciated.
thanks.

welcome  and where are you located

beenthere

Welcome to the Forum as well.

Here is some circular sawmill reading that is a good source of info, just in case you may need some.

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/misc/circsaw.pdf
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

alexvargas

Hi, I live in Massachusetts                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Jeff

Looks like they had a wreck the last it ran. Appears to be missing at least a few shoulders.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

alexvargas

alexvargas

some more pictures, Im allowed to ask for an advise of how much would this saw mill worth?

alexvargas

Quote from: jeep534 on April 19, 2015, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: alexvargas on April 19, 2015, 02:55:26 PM
Hi everybody,
thanks.

welcome  and where are you located

Thank you, I live in Templeton, Massachusetts

ddcuning

Welcome to the FF. What do you know about ithe mill? I don't recognize the type mill it is.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

Bill_G

Lane Sawmill , one of the best mills ever made . I sawed on one for years .

ddcuning

Thanks Bill_G, I have heard of Lane, just have never seen one.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

alexvargas

this is the only info I could find

The only clear words are Orange, Massachusetts

bandmiller2

Not to disagree with Bill but it appears to be a Chase mill. Not saying it doesn't have some Lane parts, many of the mills in these parts are of mixed breed. The # 100 head blocks say Chase on them. The mill looks to be in decent shape, steel carriage on mine rails, does it come with an engine.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

What it says on the head block is Chase turbine co. Orange Mass. Frank C.

alexvargas

Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 20, 2015, 08:55:46 PM
Not to disagree with Bill but it appears to be a Chase mill. Not saying it doesn't have some Lane parts, many of the mills in these parts are of mixed breed. The # 100 head blocks say Chase on them. The mill looks to be in decent shape, steel carriage on mine rails, does it come with an engine.?? Frank C.

Is a Chase Turbine Manufacturing Company organized in 1874. Orange Mass
no engine include has steel carriage
Im allowed to say how much the owner wants?

Jeff

Closer look of the first photos after seeing the later, it just looks like the solders were just being blocked from view.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bandmiller2

Alex, what does the old boy want for it.?? If the saw is useable and the mill is complete no engine I would say between $500 and $1000 theirs not a huge demand for old hand set mill around here now. Frank C.

lyle niemi

welcome to FF, looks like that mill would be a great project

alexvargas

Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 20, 2015, 09:23:09 PM
Alex, what does the old boy want for it.?? If the saw is useable and the mill is complete no engine I would say between $500 and $1000 theirs not a huge demand for old hand set mill around here now. Frank C.
Actually is a young woman, she wants $700, I have no clue if the saw is good, but the mill seems to be complete, no engine,

Ron Wenrich

If the saw isn't useable, what would the price be?  That sounds like a decent price, since it's all steel.  I would also see if there are any parts laying around, like wrenches, bits, etc.  Seems like there might have been another headblock at the rear of the carriage.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

jeep534

I think 700 would be a good price if it is complete with the dogs ect. there will be no sourcing carrige parts if they are not there. just remember that when you go to move it will turn into a pile of parts and setup will be more than the price of the mill. plus finding a power unit.

looks like a pretty good find
happy hunting
archie

hunz

Now Archie what did your mama to teach you about double posting to get your post count up....tis..tis. Haha. Looks like a sweet find if you're the tinkering type!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

Bill_G

My Lane mills had Chase parts on them as both mills were pretty much interchangeable . These mills will easily saw 500 bf per hour , handset mills are all based on how much manpower you can throw at them . Looks to be all intact on the carriage , even the Sawyers Favorite looks to be complete . No pics of the feed works , so not sure of the shape of that . With a steel carriage $700.00 dollars is a steal . The saw should be fine if it wasn't baked in the sun . If I was in the market for a handset mill , I'd grab this in a heart beat .

Thank You Sponsors!