iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An A+ rating

Started by paul case, January 10, 2012, 11:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

I recieved a package from Ed at ez boardwalk the other day. I didn't expect it or even know it was coming. 2 boxes taped together with 4 blades total inside. The note said:
Paul,
These are used resharpened bands. If they don't work for you just pitch them. Hope you can use them. Every once in a while people mention your name and they say you really work for us!
Thanks very much.
Edward Z.

That's great customer service. My mill is 3 1/2 years old and the mfger still knows my name . I hadn't talked to Ed since July.
Boy I was surprised. I don't work for Edward. I just try to share the stuff I know and I soak up more info here than what I give.
I can say I wish I had found the FF before I bought a mill. I might be still cutting with a circle mill if I had. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Meadows Miller

Gday Paul

Its A Bloody Good Feeling Aint it Mate  :) :) :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

I had alot off people ask Me while I was in the USA if I worked for Lucas Mill I just said Nah just a Happy Customer  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Chuck White

Must be that you've made an impression on the company (Ed).

If people go the the company to get parts, etc and they mention your name, in a sense, you are working for them.  ;)  Which is a good thing.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

That says a lot for you and your character Paul.  I also say Thank You for being who you are.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There's not one thing that's over looked on the Forum!

You Da Man, Paul.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

The bandsaw industry is still young with many small players.Even the big guys are still hands on.Pretty much everyone knows each outher I'am sure theirs animosity between some builders but most of it is good spirited.Paul you apparently stood out with Ed.I've spent alot of time at shows talking to the players when things were slow,most are very receptive of feedback and possible improvements outhers are cock sure theirs is the only way. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Mooney

I very much enjoyed meeting Ed and his family at the Paul Bunyan show and ShootOut this year. The nicest gentleman, and it was the only father/son team there to work together during the ShootOut!

I also reminded him how much of an advocate he had on the forum in Paul Case. He got a big smile and said that he had heard that same thing more than a few times!  :D

paul case

I am just one super happy customer!   ;D 8)  PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Red Pill

Reminds me of my son. Years back when he was a Cub Scout, he had to write a letter to a business. He wrote to Wal-Mart, telling them they should get the X-Men figures in the stores. About 6 weeks later we got a FedEx package addressed to him. It was from the manufacturer of X-Men figures, and it contained 11 of the new figures for that year, and a letter that said thanks to my son, Wal-Mart would be carrying the figures starting at Christmas that year. He was amazed and proud. So were we.

Jeff

Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 11, 2012, 07:48:24 AM
The bandsaw industry is still young with many small players.

Your showing your age. ;)

From the Book  Titled "Lumber" by Ralph Clement Bryant I have here on my desk published in 1922.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Maybe a bit better photo. I probably should scan it instead of the camera.

EDIT:  I posted this before I guess, along with the text HERE:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,2999.0.html

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bandmiller2

Prehaps I should have said rebirth of the small bandmill.Almost every concevable lashup has been tried many times over the years.Only thing really new is puterized setworks,if they had it they would have tried it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Meadows Miller

See the steam line running to the motor in the top rh of the pic I had a copy of Grimshaw on Saws  that had that same pic in it ;):)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

locdogg

wow!  i talked to Ed before i bought my used boardwalk.  He assured me if I needed any parts i couldn't find, they sell them.  i haven't needed anything, it work great, but it's nice to know.  i also was researching high and low for info on it and became familiar w/ your posts which reassured me it was a quality item. 

so you did help me buy one (used)--there's not a lot of info on them on the web besides their site and your posts!

paul case

When I first heard of EZ boardwalk through one of their ads, I found a EZ boardwalk sawmill within 5 miles of my house, and another within an hour of home. Neither owner was even remotely interested in selling their mill. ;D    PC
pc

Thank You Sponsors!