iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wonderful bumper stickers

Started by Ox, May 11, 2015, 10:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ox

For some reason it popped in my head some neat bumper stickers that haven't been purged from my memory:
Hug a Logger
Let those tree hugging bastages ( ;)) wipe with their hands!
My kid kicked your honor roll student's butt

Hopefully this will give at least one chuckle for the day.  :)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Dad2FourWI

LOL!!!!!!

Why is it that farmers can take 120 acres of woods down to zip and I do not hear a grumble but when I take a scheduled thinning of my woods people stop and ask why I am cutting down so many trees.......????!!!!

I guess ag-farmers have much better lobbyists than tree-farmers!!!!!!

Oh well, I still have more fun!!!!!... how much "fun" is there in opening up a corn stalk or a soy bean stem!!!!  :D :D

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

Ox

Maybe because some people in their own mind think the farmer is clearing land for crops?  Beats me...
Most people don't realize that ANY woodlot needs thinning and periodic harvesting.  They don't know that trees don't last forever.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

gww

When my dads big trees started falling over enough to hurt, he had it logged.  At a certain time the trees start to go bad and then only the buggs and microbes get a bennifit from it.

I know this is off subject but I remember a bumper sticker that made all the girls mad and really caused an uproar. 

It said:
"I'd rather have a sister on the stroll then a brother in a forien car"

I know, not forest related but it did stick in my mind.
gww

Ox

Quote from: gww on May 12, 2015, 11:48:26 AM

It said:
"I'd rather have a sister on the stroll then a brother in a forien car"

gww

Ha ha!   :D  I bet that caused a few bunched hairs here and there.
Agreed on the tree thing.  Most people just don't get it, do they?  They say ignorance is bliss.  I should be happier than I am.  ;)

WV Sawmiller

Again, not sawmill related but one of my favorite bumper stickers is "Be good to your kids. They determine which nursing home you go to." Another on a fancy motor home is "We're spending our kids inheritance."

I saw a blurb on aging a while back where an old timer got new hearing aids and they corrected his hearing perfectly. A few weeks later his doctor asked him what his family thought about his improved hearing. He  told his doctor " I haven't told them but I have changed my will 3 times in the last 2 weeks."

Last one - Doctor saw one of senior patients with a hot young lady on his arm having a blast. He asked what was going on. Patient said "I'm just following the advise you gave me at last visit to Have a Hot Mama and be cheerful".

Doctor said "We need to check your hearing on your next visit - I told you that you have a heart murmur and to be careful."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Herb Brooks

I saw one once, true as can be.   "The best carpenter ever was nailed to a tree."  Think about it.

Lumber Grader

Corley Sawmill Company in Chattanooga, TN has had a bumper sticker for years "Wood is Wonderful" and it is my all time favorite.

Ox

Quote from: Herb Brooks on May 12, 2015, 04:06:33 PM
I saw one once, true as can be.   "The best carpenter ever was nailed to a tree."  Think about it.
I sure felt stupid for a minute until it finally hit me.  This is a good one on more than one level.
I've enjoyed reading the others.  What a hoot!

HSV

PPS are getting a bunch of bumper stickers printed at the moment that say:

If a tree falls in the forest and no one
is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Who Cares...
JUST MILL IT!

;D

Dave Shepard

I found this one in my basement. Forestall was started by my grandfather, his brother, and a couple of other guys.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

My all time favorite,If you object to logging,try using plastic toilet paper.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ox

sandsawmill14

I have one on my truck that says vegetarian : old indian word for bad hunter. Had a lot of laughs out of it but I recall 2 times people got real mad about it though  :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ox

These are hilarious to me!  There's some here I never knew existed.  Love it!  Keep 'em coming

JJ

Blue Rock was a local company who had an asphalt plant and did commercial paving projects.
They had bumper stickers on their trucks which said 'Pave the Planet'

Stuart Caruk

Years ago I cut out a nice Earth first, we'll Log the other Planets later bumper sticker on our vinyl cutter...
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

bkaimwood

Is it politically incorrect that the name if my home made mill is named "tree hugger"?... And would it further the incorrectness by having a home made log splitter named " tree hugger II"?
bk

gfadvm

My 2 favorites:

"I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter"

"I'll work on my anger management if you'll work on your stupid management"

GAB

I could explain it to you.
I can't understand it for you.
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: gfadvm on May 13, 2015, 08:36:40 PM
My 2 favorites:

"I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter"

"I'll work on my anger management if you'll work on your stupid management"

:D :D :D :D :D  I'll take 3 of each please!! :D :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Ox

Me too!  I just had to leave the hill this afternoon on a tool run and we all were on edge and acting not ourselves until we were on the homestretch.  Them city folk are just cut from a different cloth than my little family of clodhoppers.
Every time we have to go somewhere my ideas of societal collapse are reinforced.
That last sentence I came up with myself!  Not bad for a beat down hillbilly, eh?   ;D

gww

Ox
Your ideals of the world sure seem a lot like mine.  I hope your wife really loves your vacation cause I think you may be like me and feel like a fish out of water when in cancoon or where ever.

Glad you started this thread.
gww

Ox

gww - I've said it once and I'll say it again.  We'd be good neighbors.
This is something the wife has always wanted to do because she feels like it's what "normal" families do (taking vacations).
I would prefer a staycation.  Go down to the river behind my dad's place and make it ours for a week.
However, I remember as a kid seeing and swimming in the ocean once.  I hope it's still as magical to me having grown into a cantakerous ol' woodchuck-kickin' hick.
The chilluns will probably have a blast and have the memory for life as I still do.
We're heading down to Ocean City, Maryland the first week of August along with a few members of the wife's family.  We couldn't afford to rent the little house on our own.  It's only for a week and it's around $1600/week rental but split up three ways isn't so bad for a week's vacation I reckon.  The wife's been working overtime to pay for it so the least I can do is go, not grumble too much and protect my family like a man should.

gww

17 years and she's doing the work, Yea you should be as nice as you can and the kids will remember.  My kids are not like their dad and go lots of places.  We did take them to disney one time but it was only cause of my job at the time.  If I drove I got milage and so it was free to take everyone.  I have been on several trips along them lines.  I really liked my job at the time but didn't really enjoy that part of it.  It is the only reason my children got to do anything out of the ordinary.  They must have liked it, cause they are grown now and still plan their own stuff.  You sound like a good dad and husband. 

If I had to go I would like the extra famly members to be there.  I could pretend I am at their house just visiting. 

I will make no more comments on this thread unless I can think of a good bumper sticker.
gww

redprospector

My favorite bumper sticker ever say's, God's retirement plan is out of this world.

Wow! $1600 a week.
My son and daughter in law did a "destination" wedding in 08. Dangdest thing I ever heard of, when I got married I sure didn't want everyone in my family to go on the honeymoon with me.  :D  Being the frugal guy I am we stayed in a hotel overlooking Waikiki beach for $96 a night. Had to pay another 12 bucks a night to park in their garage, heck the car rental wasn't much more than the garage.  :D 
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Slingshot

I have not seen this on a bumper sticker but would like to
have some made that reads.......

TAIL-GATERS CLEAN THE ENVIRONMENT
               THEY SUCK UP FUMES!!!!

thurlow

Swmbo's 2 favorite bumper stickers:

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
"Life's too short to dance with ugly men."
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

whatwas

bumper sticker on my tool box " kids that are taught to hunt and fish won't steal little old ladies purses"
life is good

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ox

I didn't realize those were available.  I just ordered one to put on the mill.  It's a tiny way to show my appreciation for this forum.  Thanks to Jeff for creating the forum, the admins who help keep it up to standards, and to the members who keep it alive!

Thank You Sponsors!