iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need a Florida sawyer with circle mill experience.

Started by Nomad, October 13, 2016, 07:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

I was asked if I could run this mill.  Not without either trying to commit suicide or homicide, no.  So I'm trying to help these people out.  I talked to him at length and he seems like a nice guy.  They'll supply logs, manpower, etc.  Just need a sawyer.  I'm happy to play middle man; contact me for any more info.  I'd like to see this work out 'cuz I'd like to go down there and see this thing run myself!

Bill: if you would not mind posting this on the Forestry forum. Above are photos and a flyer.

Thanks Danny Rubino, Riverbend park.

Riverbend Park in Jupiter Florida is looking for a Sawyer to run demonstrations on a 1920's era belt driven sawmill.

This demonstration will be for our annual Farmstead Days on November 4 & 5th.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

1234wood

Have to be careful with belt driven mills the old some time saw dust gets in to belt more so with pine course chips and carriage takes off  when clamping log  forceing yu in to blade sometimes they go fast just depends  which belt it gets in to  i ran many over the years alot of them whole life all different  types belt drive  can be dangerous  if not carefully that's why most are converted to hyd be carefully big blade don't hurt yu will never know it happen

1234wood

I will go do it but they have to get me there? I'm in michigan

steamsawyer

I have been wondering about that mill. Who is in charge of it now and what happened to the people that used to run it? I haven't been down there in a few years to see what is going on.

They have a really nice set up under a thatched roof barn in a county park. I don't know who actually owns the sawmill. I think this is the sawmill that used to be at the Palm Beach County fairgrounds.

Do you have a contact phone number?

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Nomad

I doubt it's in their budget to bring anybody in from far away. 
     Alan, from the pictures it's the same mill you're talking about.  I sent you his contact info.  If you can help him please let us know.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!