iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

zip line--WHOOPIE!!!

Started by mooleycow, October 21, 2011, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooleycow

went to hawks nest ski  resort. longest zip in the east.  2000ft zips!  about 150ft in the air and you take off down the mountain.  did the eagle course.  told the wife to find me a zip while we was on vac..  this was what she found.  she signed me up for the advanced course even though i had never done this before.  i could have sworn i heard the words goodbye Turkey!!

Jeff

That's something I've wanted to do, but not been able to due to the weight restrictions on all of them I have encountered around here. They all have the upper limit set at 250lbs.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

This is the ride for you Jeff  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swT_uwnydEQ

Weight limit there is 150kgs (300lb)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Piston

I did a zip line tour in St. Lucia when my wife and I were there.  I actually didn't think I was going to like it as much as did, but it was a lot of fun. 
The neatest thing about it was that they had a bad hurricane come through the region a month earlier, and they just got the zip line back up and running, and since it was through the rain forest, there were trees down everywhere.  A lot of the river was torn up and redirected, plus a lot of mudslides and general forest destruction. 
It was sad to see the island so beat up and I'm sure a lot of people lost a lot, so I felt bad about that, but it made the zip lining really exiting! 

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Ironwood

That is a nice system, I like the three point attachment. The ones I have been on have/had one point in the middle of the back, and lets just say a VERY abrupt ending. We built a zipline over a strip mine lake and off a high wall as a teenager.   ;D No one was injured, but WOW was that fun, you dropped about 20' to the water and if you didnt let go you hit the shale bank pretty hard on the opposite side >:(. Tried t ogo from the T bar into a dive one time, MAN is it hard to overcome the forward momentum.

My buddy has one over his pond, starts 20' up and as you let go your 10' off the water, my 9 year old has done it AND even my 4 1/2 year old this summer. Little maniac did a great job. He also skipped training wheels on his bike this past summer, look out the window to see him riding by the front window waving at us!!! He and my 9 year old were making BIG jumps out of railroad ties and 3/4 ply this summer, and "single tracking" thru the woods while on vacation. He is a natural.

Cool zips.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

crtreedude

Zip lines are a big thing here in Costa Rica. The longest one I know of is 750 meters. No, I didn't make a mistake. It cross from one point to another on a mountain, all I know is the trees are about 150 feet tall, and they are a LONG ways down...  :o

Jeff, I wish I had known, you could have easily gone on one here, since they expect to have to help people across at times, I don't know that there is any limit. If you can walk up to it, you can ride. The cables are massive, and there is a lot of testing of them.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

mooleycow

thankyou cornbread, compooter literate i aint

Thank You Sponsors!