iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mingo marker

Started by ed in idaho, August 27, 2014, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed in idaho

thinking of buying one. what paint works best in it any tips on keeping paint can from plugging up
Thanks Ed

Dan_Shade

I have one, I like it.  I point the can up in the air, and press the lever until it sprays clear.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

BradMarks

Make sure you buy "upside down" paint, inverted tip. And Dan is right about clearing the tip/nozzle.

M_S_S

I thought about getting one. Decided against it, I do use the contractors marking paint though. I just cut a piece of 3/4 PVC pipe 16" long and go down the log marking with the paint. It is fast and a lot cheaper lol. ED
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

David-L

I have had one for years and yes as long as you clear the nozzle when done I have never had issues. The only issue I ran into is some greenies complained about paint marks on the wood even though its minimal as you cut the paint mark. Go figure. This was with round wood not split. great toll IMO.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

M_S_S

David I haven't ran into that problem yet lol. Not many Greenies in this area I guess, or at least hat buy wood. ED
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

redprospector

I've got one, and it works pretty good. I got it for a guy that was working for me that just couldn't cut a consistent length.  >:( His wood would be anywhere from 12" to 28" in length, and that was after telling him I wanted 16" to 18".  :D
His biggest complaint was that sometimes it would hang up when the trigger hit the paint nozzle and paint his shoes blue.  :D I showed him how to loosen the tension on the axle a little and cured his "blues".  ;)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

highleadtimber16

I have one. It works well. Unless the bark is falling off or the logs are wet. I also got sprayed in the shoes, last week. I must say that those things can be thrown pretty hard and don't break.  ;)
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

47sawdust

I've had mine for 6 years  and it works just fine.I need to bear down on it when marking beech(smooth bark) as it slides around and makes for some irregular marks.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

SlimJim

Another vote for this great tool, I love mine. I also got the extra wheel which allows for various smaller or longer lengths. It works even on the smaller branches very well.

cutter88

Most useless thing iv ever spent 39 dollars on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

petefrom bearswamp

I use a marking stick for length and lumber crayon to mark, no overspray probs obviously and works well except when the logs are wet.
cheap too.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!