iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

385XP

Started by Kirk_Allen, March 24, 2006, 09:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

I orderd the 385XP from Baileys and got to use it today on some WHOPPER Osage Orange. 

WOW.  I thought my 372XP was a work horse but this 385 is flat out AWESOME!   8)

Rob

Yup the 385's are a great saw , I have a few that I fall with day in day out..but 1 of them is modified but stock they are excellent :) You'll like it more and more

Later Rob

rebocardo

Yea, I have serious been thinking about the 385 for a while, I look in my wallet and then I think some more  :D

What type of chain are you running? 50 guage and 3/8?

TexasTimbers

Yes it is quite the saw. I wonder if it's possible to swap the decals on those saws? If it is, I am in a position today to "trade up" from my 372 and step right into a 385.  ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Rob

Im running 375" .058 gauge square ground skip on my saws

barbender

It's worth a try Kevjay :D I wish I could have came down and hung out with you guys and cut up some of those monsters. I'd just like to meet some other forum members, maybe the pig roast this summer ;)
Too many irons in the fire

logger

I have been thinking about getting a 385xp after I get my stihl 660 magnum, I figure the 385 would be in the middle between my stihl 460 magnum and a 660 magnum.  The 385 husqvarna is the only husky I like.  I figure on running a 20" bar on the 385 if I get it. :D ;D :) 8)
220 Poulan            Future Saws         
Stihl MS280             Jonsered CS2171              
Stihl MS440 Magnum Husky 575XP  
Stihl MS460 Magnum   Dolmar PS-7900
Husky 385xp            Stihl MS361  Stihl MS441 Magnum
Stihl 066 Magnum       Stihl MS660 Magnum

TexasTimbers

I tried running my Stihl on those osage today and nothing doing. The McCulloch that one of the farmers came out with to play with us cut circles around the Stihls that showed up. It was one of those older HEAVY Macs but it left the Stihls in the yelow dust. We were shocked.  ;D

Kirk_Allen

I run a 28" bar with .050 / 3/8ths chain. 

I cant imagine what that saw will do with a 20" bar.  Talk about EAT wood.

I cut Osage with this one all day and it just eats the wood 8) 8)

And NO, Kevjay did not get to swap up today as I paid CLOSE attention to his every move.........................other than that move he made towards cutting his leg off :o 

What are you going to buy when you get home Kevin?

TexasTimbers

I already ordered them, "ol chap.  ::)

twostroke_blood

Kevjay,

I wouldnt be too shocked by the performance of those old Mac's.  I have some old saws that I wouldnt be affraid to put up again' any of the new stuff.

Rob

The 385 with a 20" bar is a wood eatin chip flyin powerhouse , I run a 20" on mine when I'm not in big wood and it screams though them , I want to try it with a 18 would make one fast cordwood saw..LOL..

Later Rob

JD hauler

Those 700 pro macs are a good old runner, I sold my to buy my new 372 xp , its alot faster saw, and alot lighter, I dont miss it now the new xp is here, but that old 700 could really run.

timberjack240

ive ran a 385 witha  20 and all i can say is wow cause they are a wild litlte machine let me tell ya and this was turned up   ;D

logger

Hey, kevjay what size stihls where they running? :)
220 Poulan            Future Saws         
Stihl MS280             Jonsered CS2171              
Stihl MS440 Magnum Husky 575XP  
Stihl MS460 Magnum   Dolmar PS-7900
Husky 385xp            Stihl MS361  Stihl MS441 Magnum
Stihl 066 Magnum       Stihl MS660 Magnum

Thank You Sponsors!