iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

good days work

Started by woodmills1, July 17, 2008, 09:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Did this job in just under 8 hrs.  All 2x for a garage order, just under 1400 feet.  Another 300 or so in leftovers that were 1x or 2 x smaller than the order called for.  Nice whack of lumber and a few bucks besides.  BTW a picture of the new truck lettered also.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

peterduncan

Nice job..!  When you cut 2x what do you use for cutting to allow shrinkage?

woodmills1

I cut this on the 2 inch mark.  It will be put up the first week of Aug..  I have cut for this builder before.  He puts pressure treated poles in the ground then wraps them with 2x6 at 2 foot height intervals, with the first one in pressure treat.  At the top of the posts there are 3 2x10, one inside one outside and one on top.  For larger barns he uses trusses, for this one I cut 2x8.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Grawulf

Sharp truck, James! And the Ox looks more in its element loaded with slabwood rather than tires.  :)

woodmills1

:D well you remember the michlen man tire picture from years ago.  All of the slabs from the metavic trailer(red) are going on to the ox(blue) today and being delivered to a customer.  I don't usually deliver slabs but am trying to keep my yard clean so that the excavator can build my new driveway/turn around when he has got the time.  The guy who wants the slabs is giving me some oak and pine logs so I am headed to his house with the trailer anyway.

The second one looks like I kidnapped the michelin man. :D :D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!