iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hard Hats

Started by Bro. Noble, June 13, 2005, 09:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

Anyone tried those hardhats that you can put an icepack in?

I hate wearing a hardhat,  especially when it's hot.  I decided today to go back to wearing one-----as soon as I can stand to wear something on my sore head  :-\ ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

chet

Got konked on da noggin'  eh?   ???
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

O.k. Fess up, but remember, we got an I did supmthin stupid thread in case you need to copy and paste your answer from here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Here I thought it was 'ol Jim who walked into the loader and knocked his-self out ::) ??? ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kirk_Allen

MULE_MAN

I'm thinking the misses had to give him a good thumpin for something  :D  :D  :D  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Bro. Noble

Wouldn't be so bad,  but my wife was getting ashamed of my curly locks-------well OK,  they were on my neck and above my ears.  She told me I had to get a haircut before church next Sunday.  Well my barber was gove,  but his son was filling in for him.  His idea of 'trim it up'  is different than mine.  Now all I have on my head is a big bandage >:(  Wonder if she'll want me to go to church Now? :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Hey Br'er Noble!

That would make a real good practical joke.   Put a bunch of bandaids on your head or a turban wrap bandage and go see your barber when he gets back.   You can gush all over him like you are sure glad to see him return 'cause his son cuts a little close.   :D

He might understand the joke. 

The way my jokes have been going lately, it might go over his head too.  :-\   hmmm must be a joke there somewhere.  "over his head", hmmmm. ;D

Jeff

Tom, maybe Noble could wrap his head in a Boa.  ;)

Tom

They might not let hm into the Barber Shop. :D

Kevin

Bro, that sounds pretty preventable too.  :D
I just ordered the bandana that cools the large arterial red things in the neck.

Ironwood

Ray Stevens, the "HAIRCUT SONG", anyone ever heard that one??????????????????????????? :D
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Roxie

When you get a haircut   smiley_singsongnote01
be sure to go back home
When you get a haircut
get a barber you have known
Since you were a little bitty boy
sittin' in a booster chair
Or you might look like Larry, Moe or Curly
if a stranger cuts your hair
Say when

Jeff

Just a little trim
up around the ears
never mind that me and barber
just drank 15 beers

just a small reminder
you should always stop at 4
cause its hard to get a little trim around the ears
when they are laying on the floor. :-\

Roxie

Say when

SwampDonkey

I wear mine as required on crownland operations. It's a good idea because there are alot of fir dead stubs standing and in a bit of a wind, it could be the luck of the draw. I've stood by an old dead hemlock stub for a time when cruising, then when we started on to the next plot and got about 20 meters away that thing decided to come down and there was no wind or rain at the time. Ya never know when those stubs will let go.....ka-thump!  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Craig

Greetings all,

Just my 2 cents worth. I always wear all my PPE when I am working. I work for a fairly large Tree service when I am not logging or land clearing for myself and I personally know 4 people whose lives were saved by wearing their hard hats in the past 2 years. Plus I have a wife and 2 children who depend on me so if not for myself I owe it to them to protect myself.

Be Safe!

Craig
Craig Martin
C.S. Martin Forest Contracting
Life, Liberty and Justice For All.
(This includes Americans)

Robert R

I'm all for PPE use but frankly, I'm worth more to my mrs if she could collect on the insurance.  But please don't tell her that!!   :-X
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Larry

Well them DanG hats are hot in the summer...me and my buddy decided to use a little Yankee ingenuity few years ago to improve them by adding ventilation.   First thought was to drill a few holes with something like a 45-70 but that seemed little drastic.  Heated up a 3/4" round steel and burnt few holes in the helmet.  Sorta ugly but severed the purpose.  We thought it was a brilliant idea and showed it to a Stihl rep...after big lecture bout destroying the structural integrity maybe not so good of idea??
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

timberjack240

i woodve told that rep if he new what was good for him hed shut his mouth or id change the structural integrity of his nose  :D  :D

sawguy21

The rep was only doing his job and he was right about the danger in modifying the hat.. You don't want a good bonk on the melon to prove his point.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Yep, no kidding. Drilling a hole of any kind in a hard hat is not a good thing.

SwampDonkey

I always thought they was ventilated enough anyway, the crown of the hat don't touch your head if ya have the liner in it. The black flies know their way in to. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kevin

Frank_Pender

Most folks around here do not feel I need to have any vening as the container the hard hat covers is already vented well enough. :D

I wear my hat virtually every event and gathering I attend, unless I do not want to be recognized or discovered. 8) 8) 8)   When shopping with the wife and we get separated, she usually just askes if anyone has seen a fella with a tin hat. 8) :'( :'( :'(
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!