iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More Global Warming

Started by jim king, May 05, 2007, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

Just joking:  This year we are having a bigger flood than normal here in the Amazon due to the heavy snow fall and cold weather in the Andes last winter that is now melting and is what makes the river rise each year, some years more than others.
Last year we had no flood and it was world wide news that the Amazon was drying up because of global warming.

Here you can see the Hospital , the mobile fast food operation , taxi stop and street traffic.

And the Amazon is still here.

TexasTimbers

Yeah, but it is not flooded as bad as it would have been had not Global Warming deterred much of the snowfall that would have otherwise occurred. And thankfully, since Al Gore gave us this internet we are able to alert each other about these important earth-in-the-balance issues.
And it goes hand in hand with the Global Village concept Her Holiness Hillary has set forth to raise each others' children. Her tenets of family values dictates that we allow everyone to raise out children. I wish Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Daumer were still around I'm sure they'd have some constructive input on raising our kids. I only bring this up because she is poising herself to capture the presidency. Uh oh.
Yep, Global Warming and It Takes a Village. The two sterling precepts of the Clinton era that we still have left. What a legacy. And if HHH wins the office, these two issues along with a collapse of our healthcare system National Healthcare will be thrust in our laps again.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Texas Ranger

DanG, Kevjay, don't hold back, tell us what ya think.  Climate change here in Texas means summer is around the corner, gonna be hot, like it is every summer, could be wet, like it is some summers, could be dry if it ain't wet.

shoot, I need to run for politics, got all the answers, on either side, and there are just as good as any of those folks that want to tell me how  to live, while they live in their mansions.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Gary_C

Yes, last weekend it was on the local news about what they called Black Sunday of forty years ago. Seems that two or three F-4 tornados with up to 250 MPH winds tore thru south central Minnesota and killed 13 people. It was a very hot humid afternoon and they struck without warning while people were sitting down for supper.

I suppose that must have been the start of global warming, except the day after it SNOWED!   :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

TeaW

Jim,
What does this flooding do for your operation (harvesting, milling etc.) ?
TeaW

jim king

TeaW:  It has no affect on us as our operations are about 40 feet above the highest flood stage and our land where we get the wood is up to 300 feet above flood stage.

The flood is a very important part of the timber harvest here as the locals work mostly with Virola/cumala/banak  (same wood) which grows in the lowlands and is cut when the water is rising and floated out when the water rises.  Without the flood there is no harvest.

DWM II

I wonder if this global warming stuff caused this 8" of rain we had yesterday in Baton Rouge? Or is it just coiencedence that HHH was in town? I havent heard wether or not they blamed it on the GOP trying to flood us out or not.
Stewardship Counts!

Thank You Sponsors!