iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

propane cost in north east

Started by highpockets, December 28, 2005, 06:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highpockets

I met a guy in the local grogery store in North Louisiana that claimed that folks in New Jersey were paying $0.91 per gallon for propane.  We are paying about $ 2.55 in Louisiana.  I told him I thought he was a little wet, how about it?????????
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

johnjbc

LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

farmerdoug

Highpockets,  You should of asked him when was the last time he was there.  If prepaid 1.60/gallon, outright 2.00+/gallon.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Onthesauk

Our last fill, here in the NW, was a little over $1.80 I think.  From the Co-op on an automatic fill program.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

sprucebunny

You guys are all getting a deal.

It's $3.09 here !!!!!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Sawyerfortyish

I'm in N.J and i'm gettin it up the *** 4.25 gal  :o. I only heat my hot water with it and with 4 kids my propane bill is well over 100 bucks per month >:(. I can't wait til I get the outdoor wood furnace installed

wesdor

Filled up a week ago and paid $1.50 / gal with a 5 cent discount if paid in 10 days.  I paid that day.

Sounds like we aren't as bad off in Illinois as some of you.

highpockets

Thanks Guys,

One would think since we are within 100 miles of where this stuff is made, we'd get a cheaper price. Of course this is Louisiana and we seem to get screwed by ever politician we elect.  Speaking of elections, we have always been controlled by the New Orleans's ninth ward. Things are changing. don't support rebuilding New Orleans. It is a waste of good money.
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

woodhick

I had two 100# bottles filled here in Charleston Wv three weeks ago cost me $40.00 each.  Don't know exactly what theat translates to in price per gallon? ???
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

maple flats

On 12/16 I got a load delivered to our gun club, 300 gal tank. Price was $2.699/gal. I'm sure glad we only use about 1.6 tanks/season avg. Last year we got it for $1.179. We always send check the next day after delivery and qualify for the suppliers best discount according to them. :'(
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

GF

Here in Okla its anywhere from 1.60 to 2.80 per gallon. 

Modat22

I'm not in the area you asked about but it would cost me 2.10 a gal in Irvington KY last time I checked.

Trying not to buy any and burning mucho wood.
remember man that thy are dust.

submarinesailor

A few facts about propane:
    BTU per gallon   91,502
    BTU per pound   21,548
When converting the price of propane to MMBTU or DTH (1,000,000 BTU), multiply the price, times 10.93.  When converting the price of propane to MBTU or Therm (100,000 BTU Note: A lot of local natural gas companies with started billing in Therms), multiply the propane price times 1.093.

Back in late November, I paid $2.512 per gallon or $27.5436 per DTH.  Yesterday, the January monthly price for natural gas settled around $11.40 at the Henry Hub – the NYMEX trading point.  For most of the US, it takes about $2.00 to move natural gas on the interstate pipelines to your local company and an additional $2.00 for the local company to move it to your house/meter.  For January 06, that's about $15.00 to get a DTH delivered to you house/meter.

For the propane prices in this thread, the equivalent price per MMBTU/DTH is:
$2.55/gal      $27.8715/DTH
$1.99/gal      $21.7507/DTH
$1.60/gal      $17.4880/DTH
$3.09/gal      $33.7737/DTH
$4.25/gal      $46.4525/DTH – OUCH, that hurts.  NJ is always high in their energy cost.
100pounds @ $40.00   $18.5640/DTH

Bruce/subsailor

Nailhead

Here in the  da U.P. of Michigan I just paid 1.50 a gal.
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

rbjones03

In Bama I per bought 400 gals @ 1.59 in September right after the hurricanes. I was topped yesterday and it would have cost me 2.09.

I finally got luck.

:) :)
Peterson WPF 8 HI-LO Large Frame

Rockn H

Here it's $1.99 delivered with a 100 gallon minimum.  If you buy it at the dealer in a 25 gallon tank like I do it's $3.00/ gal. ???

Tom_Averwater

$2.28 a gallon .It's time to cut more firewood.
He who dies with the most toys wins .

bitternut

Propane dealers base their price on how much propane you burn. When I retired my propane usage dropped dramatically since I was usually home to feed the woodstove. As a result of my drop in gallons of propane they raised the price to me. The higher they raised the price the more wood I burned. Finally had a enough of that crap from them and bought my own 500 gal tank. I can now shop around.

Since I was doing a major renovation of my house I prebought $500 worth at $1.32/gal last October. If I use up the $500 worth any additional will be priced at $1.37/gal. Got lots of insulation in the walls missing yet but the woodstove is keeping up pretty good. Don't think I will come close to using up my prepay amount. My furnace(when it does run), water heater, clothes drier and kitchen stove all use propane.

Lenny_M

Sawyerfortyish

hiwayherbie

Payed $2.15 a gallon yesterday, went through 216 gallons in a month!!!!! >:( Hopefully will have the Empyre outdoor furnace running in about a week,  ;) Then the three girls in the house can set the temp to what ever they want :D
LT15, Branson3510, 2500HD, chomper14, Stihl 029, Husky 359,372xp,445, EZ dump trailer,6 roto-tiller, 5 bush-hog...Just playing with the toys.....

highpockets

I haven't checked in the last few weeks but I think we are getting done.  Several of the propane suppliers have been bought out others. I think the remaining ones are kind of monopolizing the market and upping  the price. 
Louisiana Country boy

buck5611

Here in the province of Quebec we pay from $10.00 to $23.50 can for a 20 pounds tank.It just depend on the fact that at some place there is just one supplier and he can ask as much as he want.Needless to say that at $23.50 for a 20 pounds, we just use it for barbecue or trailer heating.No major appliance runs on it.

highpockets

Well it made me cut and split wood this year.
Louisiana Country boy

Stamp

In northern lower Michigan we're paying $1.39/gal which I hear is a good price for my area.  We were paying $1.19/gal for the first year as customers, but I jinxed myself by talking about it and the price went up about two months ago.

We heat our water, our water heats our house, and we have gas stovetop and dryer.  I am on the payment plan and pay $230.00 per month YEAR ROUND--ouch!

We do not have natural gas in our area and my asthma is badly affected by wood smoke, so we didn't have a lot of options  :-[

Thank You Sponsors!