iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Canada going for the gold in Curling

Started by taschmidretired, February 27, 2010, 08:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taschmidretired

Hey Folks
 I  am watching Canada in the gold round of mens curling and because I am new to this sport I have come up with a burning question?:
 Do you think the Norway team, win or lose, will wear those pants they are wearing out to dinner tonight?!
"Until I had turned Thirty Five, the longest I had ever stayed in one place was my Mother's womb."

"Beware of the man that shoots his arrow first, and then paints a bulls eye around it after."

DanG

I didn't see that, but I can just imagine! ::) :D

Hands down, the best competition I've seen so far was the Women's 30m Crosscountry ski race.  That gal from Poland came from behind in the last 100 meters to take the gold by half a ski length.  The sweet part of that was that she is the FIRST Polish woman to ever win a Winter Olympics medal of any kind.  Good on her!! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

In Florida, we call curling, shuffleboard.

Mooseherder

taschmidretired

Obviously no one saw those pants but me!  Who cares about curling!
Stay Thirsty My Friends.  T A
"Until I had turned Thirty Five, the longest I had ever stayed in one place was my Mother's womb."

"Beware of the man that shoots his arrow first, and then paints a bulls eye around it after."

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

taschmidretired

Thanks Beenthere

Someday when I grow up I want to learn to link like that!

WDH

I have enjoyed watching some of the curling, especially the Women's Swedish Gold Medal Team  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

taschmidretired

Sorry  to jump the subject,  but I recall I had a sawmill customer in Perry, GA.  He was a State Forester. 
  And that was an impressive win for the Swedish Women. Thanks T A

taschmidretired

Toolman

I'm still trying to figure out why curling is called a sport ??? ::)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

Toolman

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

beenthere

Toolman
Do you have a definition of what you consider a sport?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sprucegum

8) What you see on the ice is only 1/2 the game - the real sportsmanship shows up in the SMOKER, which is what they call the party after  :D  :D

Thank You Sponsors!