iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sausage and Biscuit SOUP?? You bet!

Started by Jeff, February 05, 2024, 05:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've not cooked a real supper for tammy in awhile, and since things seem sorta stable today, I did! I have invented Sausage and Biscuits Soup! She loves it.

20240205_175248.jpg
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

21incher

Boy that looks good 😋. Venison sausage?  digin1
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

No, it is a sage bulk breakfast sausage made here at the local meat place. I had Tammy write the recipe down as I remembered it before I forgot it. I'll try to get @Nobohdy  to type it out for me when he is here tomorrow. He typed a whole book out for us one time and we posted it over time here. I think it was called a boys life. I'll go try and find it.

21incher

I'm grinding some pork for sausage and meatloaf today. Costco had a sale on boneless butter yesterday. $8.00 off a double pack. Used the old kitchenaid with a cheap Chinese grinding attachment. We freeze it plain and then spice it for sausage or meatloaf when defrosted.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

Posting photos is different today  :Wow:

Jeff

21incher

There is no preview and you pick the photos hoping they are going to post. If you grab one then go back for 3 more my first one disappeared. Then got a timeout trying to get all 4 and had to exit the post then start the post over. Used to get previews with a size choice that would appear in preview.

Magicman

Them biscuits serve the same purpose as PatD's dumplins.  ;)

I have searched, copied, pasted, uploaded, previewed, quoted, and posted this morning and have not encountered any difficulty.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

21 the other day I held control and selected about 5 pics.  It did not grab them all together but made a tab at the top, then I was able to open and drag them into the post.  so, I did not have to go back and forth.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Quote from: 21incher on February 06, 2024, 12:44:50 PMThere is no preview and you pick the photos hoping they are going to post. If you grab one then go back for 3 more my first one disappeared. Then got a timeout trying to get all 4 and had to exit the post then start the post over. Used to get previews with a size choice that would appear in preview.
Turns out I broke it trying to add a new way to show sponsors.we turned it off and things are back. Sorry for the issues, its a real journey. Back to the drawing board.

21incher

That's what I figured.  I like the sponsors on the side again so I can see them all every time without hunting. From midget doctor to Voodooo doctor.  

Jeff

Sausage, Biscuit Soup
Made in the Quick Cooker

Ingredients 
1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage
1 c. chopped mixed onions and sweet peppers
6 average carrots peeled and chunked
3 lg. potatoes chunked
1/2 teas. course ground pepper
1/2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. italian shredded cheese
2 teas. herb and roasted garlic seasoning
6 frozen Grand biscuits, cut in half.
2 cans chicken broth
1/3 c. instant mashed potatoes.

In quick Cooker, cook peppers, sausage and onions to transparent

Add 2 cans chicken broth and chunked carrots, set cooker to high pressure 2 minutes.
Relieve pressure. 

Stir in the whole milk, cheese, chunked potatoes, and seasoning, set pressure to high 1
minute,

Relieve pressure,l

Stir in mashed potatoes flakes, then arrange the FROZEN biscuit halfs. Set cooker
to medium , cover with non pressure lid for 20 minutes. At ten minutes garnish biscuits with a sprinkle of cheese  replace cover.

Rest until cool enough to eat.
Optional: garnish with cayanne pepper flakes.

doc henderson

the ingredients alone make it sound great.  maybe we should (meaning someone, not me) make a recipe thread and then once a year we can print and publish a little cookbook of forestry forum recipes.  It always ends up being about food or chicken sacrifice anyway! :snowball: :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

21incher

Quote from: doc henderson on February 06, 2024, 09:39:32 PMthe ingredients alone make it sound great.  maybe we should (meaning someone, not me) make a recipe thread and then once a year we can print and publish a little cookbook of forestry forum recipes.  It always ends up being about food or chicken sacrifice anyway! :snowball: :)
Could probably get Jeff to pin a recipe subject at the top of the food topic someday after everything else is worked out. You forgot grits, the other white meat down south 🦉. 

Jeff

Quote from: 21incher on February 07, 2024, 11:01:29 AM
Quote from: doc henderson on February 06, 2024, 09:39:32 PMthe ingredients alone make it sound great.  maybe we should (meaning someone, not me) make a recipe thread and then once a year we can print and publish a little cookbook of forestry forum recipes.  It always ends up being about food or chicken sacrifice anyway! :snowball: :)
Could probably get Jeff to pin a recipe subject at the top of the food topic someday after everything else is worked out. You forgot grits, the other white meat down south 🦉.
I have plans, once I understand how to works ro create a recipe area or online cookbook using Member submitted recipes  using tiny portal article.  I hope to have a cookbook page link, with a list of member submitted recipes. Can we do that @lurk? And how would we set it up?

21incher

I guess we should put doc henderson in charge  of testing, approving, and rating the recipes before they are added  :sunny:

doc henderson

yes please.  Just make the dish and overnight it in a cooler.   musteat_1 sketti_1 food6 :turkey_corn: :turkey_oven:

21incher

My Sausage went on the Blackstone along with last year's garden peppers and onions. 😋
20240207_170650.jpg20240207_171604.jpg Smells like a fair in the beginning of Feb.  Strange weather.

moosehunter

21, tell us about pork meatloaf. I've never tried it.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

21incher

Quote from: moosehunter on February 08, 2024, 12:42:58 PM21, tell us about pork meatloaf. I've never tried it.
mh

What my wife does is mix half ground beef and half ground pork for a meat loaf. Then adds all the standard stuff. Here is an old video I made about them a couple years back 

Thank You Sponsors!