iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who else is a avid atv/utv rider?

Started by Woodhauler, April 30, 2017, 06:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I have hade atvs and utvs since 1994! First new on was a Honda 300! From that to 2 arctic cat 2005, 650 V2s new, Then added a 2008 arctic cat 1000 thunder cat which I still have,WILL NOT SELL IT!! From that I bought 2013 can am commander 1000xt with full cab and camoplaast tracks. Now I have a 2107 Polaris general with full cab, heat wipers and camoplast tracks! Ride 2000 miles a year!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

sandsawmill14

i will ride my old 350 trx honda almost every day from the 3rd sat in sept till the 2 sat in jan :) tn state deer season ;) other than that it doesnt get alot of use  :) it has been a good one though its a '87 model and still works and my brothers 450 honda he bought new (i think somewhere around '08) swarmed on him this spring :( mine probably has 10 times the miles and and been abused alot more  ::) it made 5 snow goose conservation seasons in arkansas (from helena to stutgarrt area for those of you who know the area :) ) and would hunt approx 20 days a month for 2 months each year  :o  for those of you who have never hunted snow geese its alot of work and gear but the best wing shooting i have ever done 8) i would pull a 10 ft trailer with anywhere from 4 to 8 men plus their gear and anywhere from 1500 to 2000 decoys (abut 2/3 windsocks and the rest where silhouette or shell decoys) ask anyone from the area about the mud over there :o its crazy :D but i never got stuck but it did get hot enough that the tranny quit pulling but i unhooked from the trailer let it cool about 5 min then drove it to the road where i could get some speed and ran it about a mile and back then hooked back to the trailer and pulled it on out  :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

caveman

Caveman

Magicman

I have over 7 miles of ATV trails on my property.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I have a Kawasaki Prairie 650 I've had for over 10 years. Just put the second body on it. Flipped it end over end 2 times and rolled it more than I remember. In every case I righted it and it cranked right back up. I just put second complete body on it. I use it almost every day dragging logs, firewood, deer hunting, working on the fence, feeding the stock, taking the grandkids around the place or pulling them in the snow on their snow riders I brought back from Norway, etc. I go into serious bouts of depression when it is in the shop. It is a real work horse.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandhills

sandsawmill, I have the '86 model, they don't call them a tank for nothing  :D.  I need a new fuel pump for mine though, I'd hate to know how many miles/cows it has on it  :).

sandsawmill14

Quote from: sandhills on April 30, 2017, 11:35:08 PM
sandsawmill, I have the '86 model, they don't call them a tank for nothing  :D.  I need a new fuel pump for mine though, I'd hate to know how many miles/cows it has on it  :).
sandhills go to amazon and look i just got 1 for mine last thursday put it on and it works fine :)  $21.89 with free shipping :o ;D if you cant find it i will pull it up and get info you need if you want ;)

sandhills

sandsawmill14

Kbeitz

Yep... It's a gotta have item. I built 9 bridges to cross with my wheels.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

florida

I ride pretty much everyday. My normal mode of transportation between our house and our daughters which is just half mile away. Then I ride around a 500 acre plot near my house looking for gopher tortoises and just getting some peaceful time it. We have other spots we go that are a bit farther but all in all to be living in a semi-urban area we have lots of places to ride.
In another month or so the rains will come and we'll be mudding most of the time since there will be standing water everywhere.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

TKehl

I ride a lot, but rarely trail ride.  Dad got a 1986 Honda Fourtraxx in 1992.  Been over who knows how many miles working fence, hunting, looking for mushrooms, spraying poison ivy, and checking cattle.  I bought a 1999 Honda 300 utility a few years ago.  Dad has since upgraded to a 2012 (bought new) Honda and gave the old one to my brother. 
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

gspren

I started with an older 300 Honda 2 wheel drive, then about 2000 I got a Yamaha 400 Kodiak 4X4, and a few years ago got a Kubota 400 UTV, still have all. 99% of my firewood is gathered in with one of those and a trailer.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

paul case

I have been since the mid 80's
First a 200m 3 wheeler Honda
200 big red
250 big red
Polarus 400
polarus 250
2 new polarus330
Honda 350 rancher
Honda 400 foreman

I guess I have probably rode one around the world checking/fixing fence and counting cows. Going to the chickn farm 1/4 mile from the house.
Never had more than 2 at one time.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Dakota

I've pretty much crossed over from ATV to UTV.  I like to take the family along.

Dave Rinker

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 30, 2017, 10:42:56 PM

Stop going round and round.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rhino135

We use our utv and atv at camp when we are out most weekends. Don't  ride like we did years ago. Group  went to Canada to a place called halfway haven once we unloaded it would be about 65mi one way spend a 3 day weekend and ride and do some fishing.We did that about 6 years then it got expensive.Did a few trips around the up ,just no time anymore  its hell getting older.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 01, 2017, 06:12:30 PM
Quote from: Magicman on April 30, 2017, 10:42:56 PM

Stop going round and round.  :)

maybe he has it setup like a nascar track ;D oval ??? or road course ???  :D :D :D

Kbeitz

I went a far as building my own... 650 yamaha engine.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Woodcutter_Mo

I don't ride near as much as I used to but I usually end up riding a 4 wheeler almost everyday checking on the cows and fences ect. My first was a '00 Honda trx250 Recon, that thing was almost bullet proof. It still runs good but needs the clutch replaced and rear brakes worked on, that poor thing has hauled up so many cord of firewood. I wish I had kept track of all the firewood and how many miles we put on it. I use a Honda Rancher now but would like to find a mid to late 2000's Rubicon 500 eventually.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

petefrom bearswamp

Started in 1982 with a big red.
Used it in my forestry career and tipped it over about once a month.
Cant even remember how many I have had
Current machine is 550 Polaris Browning edition.
Just got back from the Adirondacks where my friends and I  rode rough trails and did a goodly amount of bushwhacking.
Only went about 65 miles but didnt get off of our 3800 acre property.
I can still keep up with my young friends who are only in their early 60s, but my back is telling me something this morning.
I also have a Kubota rtv900 which is strictly a work machine around the mill and my woods.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sandhills

Quote from: Kbeitz on May 02, 2017, 06:06:11 AM
I went a far as building my own... 650 yamaha engine.

650?  Maybe a little overkill?  Nah, never enough  :D.  We have some close friends/neighbors whose teenage son is growing up to be just like you  :D.  I've hired him a few times to help me around the shop and he does excellent work for what I have to work with, he does most of his stuff in his front yard.  I love seeing kids grow up that way, you should see some of the buggies he's built  :).  As far as I know though none have quite that much spunk...so far anyway.

Raider Bill

I've got 4-5 miles of trails. Most nice and easy some pretty radical.
Have a honda rancher 450
Yamaha big bear 400
yamaha wolverine 350
All 4X4
We ride them like we are 20 but at the end of the day feel like my age and shouldn't have played so hard. Of course the next day I am right back at it again.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

justallan1

Working on an 80,000 acre ranch, I'm on a 4-wheeler about as much as in my truck.
My share of the pastures and fencing here consist of probably 10-12,000 acres and on Sundays I hunt for antlers during April.
We're just getting started branding, so all 6 of us will ride and gather a bunch of cows and trail them to the nearest corrals, brand the calves, let them mother up for a day and then trail them to their summer pastures. Then we start the same routine the next day.
In the fall we gather everything the same way and ship the calves to our feedlot in Colorado and put the cows in their fall pastures.
If that's not enough riding yet.......We re-gather everything and put them in their winter pastures right before we think winter is going to hit and bring all the bulls to my house to wreck my fences. :D
Although the gathering part of it all still bothers my shoulder that I had surgery on a year ago, I enjoy the heck out of fencing and horn hunting.
My personal bike for checking the mail is an old Honda 2WD and my work bike is a newer Honda 420 4WD, shift on the fly. I've been offered one of the new Hondas, but don't like how big and boxy the fenders are, I'd for darned sure have them torn off where I have to ride.

Thank You Sponsors!