iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today I did some ripping for practice.

Started by alsayyed, August 20, 2006, 12:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Today I have really started practicing in ripping some dry wood. I tool a log and squared the log then I have ripped this in half for the practice it turned to be ok. I am using the Logosol mill and Stihl chain saw 650 with 20 inch bar and regular sharp chain. I am happy it took almost half an hour to square the log then ripped it in half. I believe wood should be fresh cut with moisture inside is better for cutting and much faster than dry log. Tomorrow I am going to do it again then I will take some photo of the work. Is there any specific procedure or information I have to follow when it comes in ripping a log, please pass it to me.

Tom

You are now on the right track, alsayyed.

Wishing you good luck. :D

IndyIan

Hi Alsayyed,
I was wondering what tree species you are milling?  I assume it is very hard wood?  The general consensus is that wood is easier to mill when it is green.  I'm glad you've had some success.
Ian   

Bill

Congratulations on a good job milling ( the saw and mill worked well ) . Others will have to jump in to give tips about milling since I mostly just cut firewood ( leastways with a chain saw ). I too am interested in what type of wood/trees you are milling. I'm guessing a hard wood also.

Good Luck

Thank You Sponsors!