iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Expo Richmond 2008

Started by ADAMINMO, April 03, 2008, 09:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAMINMO

Make your plans now to attend Expo Richmond 2008. If you pre-register online by the end of today you can get in at no charge. Onsite registration is $10.00. The expo is on Friday May 16 and Saturday May 17 at the Richmond Raceway Complex. I think the Richard Petty Driving Experience is at the Raceway  on this same weekend as well. So you can also enjoy watching people take some laps around the track, Heck you may even want to take a spin yourself.

Hope to see a bunch of yall there!!!

Brad_S.

I really, REALLY wanted to go to this, but my brother, who lives in Richmond, got us tickets to the NASCAR race two weeks before this, and I can only swing one trip. I'm not a NASCAR fan but figure I owe it to myself to see what it's all about.
Adam, can you guys come in 2 weeks early and set up so I can try out a Baker? :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

ADAMINMO

I would do it if I could but it is out of my hands on that. :(

ellmoe

I'll be at the Expo Friday PM and Sat.. Anyone else?

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

wykle42548

will be there friday and saturday all ready have  pre registered and have passes in hand .        will  be visiting baker for sure .

ADAMINMO

Quote from: wykle42548 on April 27, 2008, 08:20:33 AM
      will  be visiting baker for sure .

Look forward to meeting you. Come one ... come all !!! Will do my best to meet and talk to all who are there .
Adam

timber50

i wall be their both days
i pre  registered and have passes in hand
im a chain saw collector

ADAMINMO

It is sneaking right up on us.11 more days til the show. 8)  8)  8)  I will be leaving on Tuesday the 13th and arriving that evening. Will have alot of setting up to do.Hope to see all of you there!!! Should be a very good show.

ADAMINMO

Alot of you may know but some don't , This is the 20th year Anniversary of Baker Products.We have a few things scheduled to go on at the Richmond Expo.See the Sponser section under "Something big is brewing" for more information.
Hope to see alot of FF members there.

DR_Buck

I'll be ther Saturday.   :)   I really wanted to make the WM shindig (seminar) on Thursday, but I got to work.  :'(
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Dan_Shade

I'll be there on thursday, and probably friday.  gotta job lined up for saturday (if it's a fixin to rain, I may go on saturday to get rained on in richmond!)

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

ADAMINMO

I will be heading out at 6AM tomorrow morning. Yall be safe on your trip to Richmond and hope to meet all of ya that visit the show.

DR_Buck

Change of Plans.....

Looks like I'm going to make it Friday.   Going to blow off a day from the real job to attend.   :)     Got company relatives coming over the weekend.  ::)

Dan_Shade

what time you planning on getting there Dave?  I'm heading down on thursday for the WM thingy, and more than likely back on friday to see the other good stuff.

DR_Buck

Dan_Shade,

I'll probably will roll out of here around 6:30.   Should be in Richmond around 8 AM.  The show opens at 9 AM.   Want to meet up for breakfast somewhere?

Dan_Shade

yeah, that sounds like a plan.

zopi

not gonna make it, after all...got pretty sick last weekend, and am behind in a bunch of stuff...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

DR_Buck

Dan & any others,

Denny's Restaraunt
803 E Parham Rd
Richmond, VA 23227   
(804) 261-3687‎

It's 3.8 miles from the Expo site.   Map is attached.     I'll there between 7:30 and 8:00  Friday morning wearing my FF ball cap.

Anyone else want to meet up PM me and I'll send my cell number.

Dan_Shade

allrighty

you're gonna kill me, that's 2 hours from here!

I'll be there at 8, i'll be in my FF hat too, i drive a white F250 regular cab with a winch on it if anybody wants to chase us down.

Jeff

Kevin Bantles just gave me a call from the Road and said that Logrite was on the way to the show and that he would see ya'll there!  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ellmoe

I got back from the show last night. I was able to meet AdaminMo (Baker Products), DR Buck, and Dan Shade. Fine fellows, all. ;D  I alsowas able to visit with a few old friends from past shows, like Randy Panko from woodmizer. I first met Randy at a show in Atlanta, I think 15 years ago. This was before I had a woodmizer and was running all circle mills. Randy's in charge of the blade program and is a real good guy. Funny, I don't remember him having grey hair when I first met him. I wonder what happened? :o I also met Sal, of Salsco  (Sal's company) the co. from which I bought my shavings machine. I invited him to look at the forum and maybe consider being a sponser. In addition to shavers they make various size chippers and other equipment. I think they would be a good fit. My sister/partner and I looked over the whole show. My voice was about shot Friday night, and my back by Sat. morning. Funny how I can walk all day, but standing....

We saw some neat things. Including the band skragg from Woodmizer Europe that Bibbyman posted on the forum. We will be talking with them about trying one out here. I don't believe they are ready for the N.American market, but are looking at S.America at this time. I think that will change soon. We also got to see their MONSTER 4250 saw head matched with the Cleerman carriage. That thing is huge. I was told they provide a retired NBA center to take off the blades and flip fold them for you. :D The blades are way taller than me! The one at the show is already sold. I'll be curious to see the production numbers. Baker had a neat tailing roller bed that allows flipping the cant/board to the right or left or rolling it straight through. In the right application it would be a real time/labor savings. There was a European made k-boom loader that had a elevating cab. The cab raises up on cylinders to a height that looked to be over 20 feet! My first thought was, "killer deer stand"! :D You can hunt and work at the same time! Apparently these are used to load rail cars, handle scrap going into containers, and other applications where the high visibility is helpful. We were looking for ideas to improve our by-products sales. There were a slew of grinders, chippers, and coloring options to look at.

The trip was fun and informative. Now the tough decisions need to be made. Anyone care to tell me what the future holds,  economy and fuel wise? ;D That knowledge would help a bunch.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

ADAMINMO

What a great show. It was alot smaller than the last show there. Not as many vendors outside this time. There was alot of attendance though.I did get to meet a few members.I met Dan Shade , Dr. Buck , Ellmoe , Custom Sawyer , and Jim From Thru the woods.It was great to meet you guys.I'm sorry if I left anyone out but I talked to alot of people at the show.

Dan_Shade

It was great meeting Ellmoe and Adaminmo, looks like I missed out on a few other folks.

Thank You Sponsors!