iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Open House at ARKY'S

Started by ARKANSAWYER, February 12, 2009, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

LBJ wants to know...is that Piggy ready yet??????
ARKANSAWYER

breederman

Looks like people are having fun. Hope you have a big crowd.
Together we got this !

ARKANSAWYER

This is Les Neff, demonstrating how to use his portable router table to cut a lock miter with a router.

Here we have a beautiful example of what the LatheMizer can do! Pretty cedar, huh?

Dave Mann of WoodMizer demos a manual mill for the guys.

Another view of cedar turned on the LatheMizer.

Some of Arky's famous benches....Mary won one that was given as a doorprize. WTG, Prosawyer Mary!
ARKANSAWYER

DR_Buck

I wonderin' how Wanda is handling all those bright clean new orange machines in her backyard.  ;)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

littlechub

wanda had a nice dry place out of the weather to watch the show from, while those bright clean new machines sat out in the rain and got manhandled by passerbys ;D

LeeB

Wanda got to sport the lathe mizer so she were'nt too lonesome.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

semologger

Had a good time guys. Glad i was able to go. I think the kids had more fun playing in the sawdust pile. ;D.

I stoped and looked at a homemade band mill on the way home at a guys house. It was a manual mill He made It wasnt much at all. So i called him I asked him how much and he said 5 grand. I said 5 grand! He got mad. I said i no disrepect to ya but seems a little high. He gave me a long speack and before i could say anything back he hung up on me. If i was going to spend that much it sure isnt going to be a homemade one.

DR_Buck

Quote from: semologger on March 14, 2009, 10:48:53 PM
Had a good time guys. Glad i was able to go. I think the kids had more fun playing in the sawdust pile. ;D.

I stoped and looked at a homemade band mill on the way home at a guys house. It was a manual mill He made It wasnt much at all. So i called him I asked him how much and he said 5 grand. I said 5 grand! He got mad. I said i no disrepect to ya but seems a little high. He gave me a long speack and before i could say anything back he hung up on me. If i was going to spend that much it sure isnt going to be a homemade one.

I think $5K just about buys a shiny new LT-15.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

semologger

After coming from arkys i just had to laugh. As mad as he got at me im glad i called him instead of asking him face to face. He said he made 5 last year. I never got the chance to tell him about the woodmizers i just looked at. Seems like i have Things like this just waiting for me all the time.

Arky i didnt ask ya if you was selling to go bags of that piggy it tasted great.

LeeB

The pig was good, wasn't it?  food6
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Bibbyman

We got down to Arky's about 1:30 on Friday and helped with some of the setup. 

Mary helping Brooke to walk on stilts Arky made for her.

Will Baugh of WM Mt. Vernon takes stilts away from Alex and Booke.  Brooke telling Grandma on him.

LT28 being demoed by Will.   Greg Baire pulling slabs and Dave Mann telling all about it.   I'd say there were about 50 people there at any one time and maybe 100 came in total.

New LT28 going to a new home at end of show.  An LT10 found a new home also.

Mary won the grand door prize of the cedar bench Arky made. Here Arky signs the prize for Mary.

It's amazing how much Dave Mann has shrunk over the years. He's hardly taller than Alex now!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Larry

Good food and good company made for a great day. 8) 8)

On top of that I even learned a new trick or two. :P

Thanks to all the folks involved that put the shindig on...I know it required lotsa hard work. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ARKANSAWYER

WHAT a PARTY!    8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

It was a lot of work and I am very Greatful to LeeB and Mary & Bibbyman for helping out.  James did a great job cooking and for sure worth every dime.  He was a big help for sure.  My wife and Jame's wife did a great job helping with the food and serving.  They were good to have around.  So a BIG THANK YOU TO THEM ALL.     
     I kinds of know how Jeff feels after a Piggy Roast.  Lots and Lots of work and little details.
  Wished I could have spent more time with the FF members put there was just so much going on.
ARKANSAWYER

sparks

For those near Madisonville, KY we have another show on March 28th. See Wood-Mizer sponser page for details.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Bibbyman

Arky,

The girls are sure enjoying that bench!  I put it in front of the stove where the three "knot heads", son, Alex and Brooke set to soak up the heat and watch TV.  But it migrated over to in front of the futon.  It sets in front and center of the TV and perpendicular to it.  The girls use it as a table – being high enough for them to set on the floor and eat.  Then Brooke takes a pillow and uses it like a day-bed to watch TV.  She also uses it for working on her craft projects. She spent a couple of hours yesterday on it watching the movie Bean with me and playing with her Play-Doh. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!