iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New From East TN

Started by clewis76, February 16, 2019, 09:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clewis76

Hello Everyone,
Thanks to those that run the forum and approved me to join! I currently run a Grandberg/Stihl set-up, but I am looking for a bandsaw mill. Look forward to participating in the forum.
Chris

Southside

Welcome to the Forum Chris.  What are your goals with the bandsaw?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

clewis76

Quote from: Southside logger on February 16, 2019, 09:46:42 PM
Welcome to the Forum Chris.  What are your goals with the bandsaw?
Thanks. I want to mill some things for a house and buildings that I plan to build on a piece of land that I have. I also like to mill lumber to use in my wood shop.

thecfarm

clewis76,welcome to the forum.
We will help you spend your money. :D 
First off,you will need a cantdog or a peavey. Logrite,a sponsor,on the left has them and more. The website tells the difference between the two. I like a peavey,the one with the point. The point helps to pry the logs apart. But the point might leaves marks on the wood. A big no-no with high grade wood.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Chris.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

clewis76

clewis76

Quote from: thecfarm on February 17, 2019, 08:00:14 AM
clewis76,welcome to the forum.
We will help you spend your money. :D
First off,you will need a cantdog or a peavey. Logrite,a sponsor,on the left has them and more. The website tells the difference between the two. I like a peavey,the one with the point. The point helps to pry the logs apart. But the point might leaves marks on the wood. A big no-no with high grade wood.
Thanks! I already have a nice peavey that I bought when I got my chainsaw mill. I just ordered a bandsaw mill and it should be here in a week or so! I cannot wait to get it going.

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Logger RK

Welcome aboard. Did you get your bandsaw mill? I'm a Logger,but starting to get a interest in making some boards. 

clewis76

Quote from: Logger RK on February 23, 2019, 06:52:16 AM
Welcome aboard. Did you get your bandsaw mill? I'm a Logger,but starting to get a interest in making some boards.
Thanks. No, I have not got it yet.I am hoping to have it this coming week. My extra blades came yesterday, and I bought a trailer today to mount it on. If it ever stops raining, I hope to get the trailer ready for the mill so when it does come I can get up and running quick.

Mossy Chariot

Welcome Chris!!!  This forum is great.  You'll get all the help you need here. 
What kind of mill did you buy?
Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

Cub

Welcome to the forum from ne Wisconsin. Great discussions and a great group that are always full of knowledge and willing to help. 

clewis76

Quote from: Mossey Chariot on March 01, 2019, 04:31:40 PM
Welcome Chris!!!  This forum is great.  You'll get all the help you need here.
What kind of mill did you buy?
I bought a small Frontier, made by Norwood. It was what was in my price range, and looks pretty nicely built. I got it Friday, but because of the wet/cold weather here, I don't know when I'll get the chance to set it up. I cannot wait to get going though!

Thank You Sponsors!