iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's Huge!

Started by Jeff, January 13, 2018, 11:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tammy and I discovered this thing in a Bay City antique mall. An all wood press. I have no idea what it was used for but it was awesome. Olives? It could be yours for $4800  :D. It had 4 huge screws, two of which were on the floor under it. Tammy in the pic for scale.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Watch Repair is my guess.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Smashing Blackberries.

Don P

Neat! What is that at the top left end. Communion wine?

The biggest wood screw presses I've seen are the old cotton bale presses, this one is actually kinda small, some were about 2 stories so they could flip the bale out into a wagon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_Press_(Latta,_South_Carolina)#/media/File:Cotton_Press_near_Routes_917_and_38,_SC-11-2.jpg

Chuck White

Just a guess, of course, possibly a cheese press!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

btulloh

It's just the right size to put a politician in.
HM126

21incher

That would be handy in the woodshed, looks like the first 4 way splitter.  ;D ;D
I wonder if it could have been some kind of clamp system for steam bending wood in forms. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

The box and wood frames must be sinificant.

coxy

its a grits maker  8) 8)

Dave Shepard

Was it used for food, or could it be a bookbinding press?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Texas Ranger

insignia looks like German, have you had it translated?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Dave Shepard

This is the cider press at Hancock Shaker Village. The table is probably 8'x8'.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Sheepkeeper

Looks like a wine press to me. Growing up we had something similar that my German grandfather built, on a much smaller scale though. The inscription is probably the names of the owners - Sebastien & Theresia Wieser
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

loggah

My guess is a cheese press also, those screws are pretty big,but the small handles would not take a lot of torque. maybe give them a little twist every once in a while as the fluid drained out.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Thank You Sponsors!