iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back pain

Started by sandhills, May 26, 2015, 04:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Tylenol works better for me with the back and hip pain.I take pain meds also but they seem to only work on the bone pain in the arms and legs. When I was in the hospital for my stem cell transplant they used soft massage as Grizzly explained and it helped a lot. I get a lot of muscle pain turning around in the skidder, can't afford to go for massage so Rita does what they showed her at the hospital it helps for awhile.
Ed K

luvmexfood

I don't touch Tylenol with a ten foot pole. It killed my sister.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

luvmexfood

Went to Chiropractor today. He did a few things then had me lay flat on my stomach on the table and had me bend my knees so lower legs were pointing up and feet horizontal. Took a picture and then showed it to me and said pelvis (i think) was out of kilter and one leg was about 1.5 inches longer than the other the way it was. He did something a few times then took another picture and showed it to me. This time they were even. It had caused one of my vertibra to go out of adjustment. Put it back in place and seems to be a lot better. That was 5 hours ago. Go back Friday. Cost me $80 bucks but well worth it.

drobertson

Chiro's are good with the right one, sounds like you found one, pricey rascal though,  as to the massage therapy,, I went to one concerning my knee, from a suggestion from my neighbor, well my results were not as good as his,, he does not need a new knee,  so there are differences in every case. as to the deep therapy, she asked my preference,  light, med, or heavy. 20 bucks, bout 30 min session.  I can say I will do it again at some point, and will also say I've been putting off bush hogging for the very reason you stated,, it bout kills the back,, I know my doc would have a cow if I did,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

red

You have to exercise everyday . With stretching being the very minimum. Some mornings I take a hot shower before and after exercise . For pain relief I take advil , aleve , or Motrin . I also use a heating pad then ice packs .  Some days are better then others , but the wrong move can make it very painful.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Raider Bill

We've got chiros on just about every corner. $35 gets you a walk in adjustment.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

luvmexfood

After the first visit with Chiropractor the next ones or only $30. One hour massages are $50 or a half hour for $30.

Red your right about the stretching. When I was 28 I went through the Police Academy. Back then 8 weeks. An hour of PT every morning at 5:30. When we started you had to set on the floor, legs out straight, with feet against the wall. Lean forward and try to touch the wall with your hands. Most people, me included, couldn't. Every morning first in PT was stretching exercises with a partner pushing and pulling you. After 8 weeks we did the test again setting on the floor. This time it was easy to fully put your palms on the wall.

Grizzly

I wonder if some of my posts leave you wondering about my condition. So I'll update.

I have not worked since June when my back failed me for the 3rd time. I am currently on chronic pain control and nerve blockers so that my brain doesn't get signals it shouldn't. The worst of it is that my mobility is bad. I now walk with 2 sticks most of the time and seldom walk more than a hundred feet or so as that is all the strength my legs have. So I haven't made any sawdust in a while but still dream of it. It has been difficult to accept but if I don't accept the lifestyle change I could become highly immobile. So we'll see where life takes me/us next but in the meantime I have more time to harass y'all here on the forum.

Lyle
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Ed_K

Grizzly, do any of your doctor's talk about this new implant they place on the spinal cord to block the signal. The battery is supposed to last 9 yrs.
Ed K

Grizzly

Speak on Ed. I've never heard of such. What other signals does it block?

Magicman

Proceed very carefully with that.  Our youngest Daughter has one because of several back surgeries/fusions.  Now it has to come out which is causing more problems that any good that it ever did.  Scar tissue has to be cut through which only leads to more scar tissue.  An acquaintance also had to have hers removed.  She said that it was the worse mistake that she had ever made.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doctorb

In general, spinal cord stimulators should be viewed as a last resort, pain control measure.  They are effective in some, and in others have not been effective at all.  As you can see by other postings, it's a bit of a crap shoot as to whether your quality of life will improve.  My advice is to try a lot of stuff first before resorting to a spinal cord stimulator.  At that point, most patients are grabbing at anything with the hope of improvement.

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Ed_K

I know nothing about them other than my son mentioned something about them before he died from over dose. I just wondered what the doctor's said about them.
Ed K

Grizzly

Ok. So good info to have should the need arise. At this point I am enjoying a certain measure of life quality simply by not being bullheaded and insisting on working. I spend considerable amount of time resting, then a little office work, fit the Forum into the day a few times, and if at all possible go for a walk around the yard. A bit difficult now with snow and ice but at least get some fresh air. My pain levels are manageable so long as I don't do something stupid. The worst part is leg weakness or numbness. It's just hard to predict what they'll do. Makes walking tough.

I still dream of making sawdust and need to make a decision about selling or keeping the mill. My children want me to keep it; they hope to help me get a roof over it and then get my work station comfortable so I can spend some time sawing while they do all the heavy work. So we'll see what the next days bring. Thanks to all for suggestions, thoughts, and mostly for caring.

Thank You Sponsors!