iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2007 Pigroast RSVP!

Started by Jeff, June 28, 2007, 09:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

QuoteOne of the hysters of the Cadenhead mill.

Got to love that profile ! :D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

farmerdoug

Looks like I can make it so far.  Plan to be there sometime in the morning.  I guess I am DanG's #+1. :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Furby

Cool! 8) 8) 8)

Anyone else ???
Come on folks, gas prices are down, spend a day with friends! :)

Greg Cook

Jeff, you're gonna have to subtract me and the missus from whatever the number is now.  I had a shipment of door hardware delayed at the border in Mexico (it was Northbound). For some reason people can walk here, but trucks get delayed!
Anyway, that threw my work schedule outta whack, and now I feel bad about lettin' DanG and Dodgy Loner have to make the trip without my company. Settin' my sights on next year though, so save me a cookie (in the freezer maybe?)

Greg Cook
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

Lud

Kurt, Rosanna, & the two pups won't get there this year.

My time has not been my own this last year.  Downsizing my 3 plants here in Cleveland 1200 folks July thru June and another 500 in July alone..been a huge time investment, have soaked in a sea of stress, helped a lot of folks make their own decisions, and I always thank them for their years of hard work..and the bosses want me to be excited about local contract negotiations for the next few months!

Only 5 months to retirement but I'm TIRED already.

See you next year and our hearts will be with you all. 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

johncinquo

Quote from: Burlkraft on July 21, 2007, 08:17:00 AM
Yer gonna have ta subtract one...... >:( >:( >:(

Due to unforseen circumstances I can't make it. I do have a door prize I'll be shippin' ta Jeff next week tho...... ;D ;D ;D

Those of you who are on the fence, ya better show up. "The Roast" is one of the top events of the year......and it's a LOT of fun..... ;) ;D ;) ;D

Maybe I can participate via the webcam this year.....if it works...... ;D ;D

Hope ya got that curly haired hog this year........

Pan

T

Waist.

I'm gonna carve a big heart in that table just to spite you. 

When your the boss, no one really notices when your not there!
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Dodgy Loner

Me and DanG will still be at the Pig Roast this year, albeit minus the chauffer (Greg Cook).  I have dutifully volunteered to take his place, provided the ol' Dodge will get us all the way to Mee-shee-gun.  DanG and I should be there sometime Friday night!
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

OneWithWood

Any chance you can rescue Danny from the Texas deluge?  Kidnap a couple of those shy Texans while you are at it?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

DL,

Instead of driving Miss Daisey, it will be driving Mr. DanG :D.  Hope you have a suitable chauffer cap ::).

OWW,

That is SLY Texans not SHY Texans ;).  I purposely stayed out of Texas this week because I did not want to get delayed in Houston (and spend the weekend at the airport) so as not to endanger a date with pig, cookies(if there any left that is ;D), and good company.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Word on the street is that WDH will be flying up.  Guess he didn't want to listen to DL talk about trees all the way up and back, so he laid that duty off on me.  That's ok though, cause I'm deaf as a post anyway.  All I gotta do is take off me glasses and I can't read a word he's saying. ;D  Not sure if Pigman had anything to do with Danny's flight arrangements. ;)

As far as them Texans are concerned, I think they're a little apprehensive about circulating in such polite society.  There is likely ample justification for their fears. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

I didn't know there would be such exalted company before I made my travel arrangements  ::):)

As to the East Texans, they are like hound dogs.......they don't get let out the pen very often, then when are let out, they run around wild and are hard to catch again ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

I'm looking forward to the upcoming adventure. :)  This will be my third carpooling trip into the Northland with people I've never even met before.  It is kind of interesting to be invited to stay in someone's home and share their vehicle for several days, then as an afterthought, ya have to ask them what their name is. :o :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

You can try out the log cabin!

Burlkraft

Quote from: johncinquo on July 31, 2007, 11:00:49 AM
Quote from: Burlkraft on July 21, 2007, 08:17:00 AM
Yer gonna have ta subtract one...... >:( >:( >:(

Due to unforseen circumstances I can't make it. I do have a door prize I'll be shippin' ta Jeff next week tho...... ;D ;D ;D

Those of you who are on the fence, ya better show up. "The Roast" is one of the top events of the year......and it's a LOT of fun..... ;) ;D ;) ;D

Maybe I can participate via the webcam this year.....if it works...... ;D ;D

Hope ya got that curly haired hog this year........

Pan

T

Waist.

I'm gonna carve a big heart in that table just to spite you. 

When your the boss, no one really notices when your not there!

That's okay John...Have yer fun now.  Insurance men are used fer baar bait every year in da UP......... ;D ;D ;D

Were ya headin' up there on the quad trip...... ??? ??? ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pigman

QuoteNot sure if Pigman had anything to do with Danny's flight arrangements.

Nope, the witches broom is only a two seater. ;)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

And a hard top as I recently found out. :)

DR Buck

I heard the Texans were comin by boat this year. ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Furby

Yeah, but they'll get beached before they get to the roast. :D
We are in a drought where I am, so they'd have some walking ahead of them. :o

Stump Jumper

drought ! still looks like your under water from here :D ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Furby

Funny, veeeerrrryyyy funny! :D

pigman

Jeff, looks like we will have to bring two of our grandcats. You know how kids are, they left us with their pets while they are on trips. We were going to bring them and let them stay in the motel, but the motel will not let them stay there, something about guests claiming  to being allergic to cats or something. ;) So we decided to bring them to your house. I am sure you won't mind. ;D  They are very quiet and I don't think you will even know they are there.  Smokie, the black one, likes to sleep on the foot of the bed and Queso, the yellow one, likes to sleep on the pillow next to your head.  Don't worry about food for them, they will eat just about anything you have in the house. Here is a picture so you can recognize them when they get there.

Thanks for being so understanding.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

Jeff wil have a plan for them, for sure.  ;D ;D ;D ;D  (When he stops sneezing from just seeing the photo.... :D)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Bring a bag of stir fry veggies too...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

turningfool

i'm coming jeff,my first time but not my last..see ya there ;D

Cedarman

Looking for a ride to piggie roast.  Son put his truck in the shop for a week and "stole" my truck to take a load to Ok where he is working for 2 weeks.  I will take daughters car as last resort, so I will be going, but thought it would be fun to share a ride. But daughter will take Jane's van leaving her carless while daughter Danielle works. Can meet at I 65 from Louisville north to Scottsburg or Paoli to Bloominton on Indiana 37. 

If you want a mill tour, stop by and pick me up at the mill.

Or, if I end up driving, I would be able to take someone.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!