iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to find a doctor today!

Started by Woodhauler, November 17, 2014, 06:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Been having chronic hip and upper leg pain for a long time! Bone cruncher don't seem to help. Haven't been getting much sleep, driving truck puts me in tears! I have had sciatic nerve trouble before but has gone away. Sometimes if i am kneeling down and stand up my right leg will give out! Lots of pain with it when it happens. Can't remember the last pain free day i had. Prberly going to start at local doctors office then go from there.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Chuck White

Hope all goes well for you Woodhauler.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

red oaks lumber

make them do a complete blood workup. i wasted over a year of life being sent down the wrong path $$$$$$$
you have to be your own advocate, take a list in with you of everything that dosent seem right. i had a list of 20 things when i took control :) ask questions lots of questions
good luck
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

doctorb

Try to be more descriptive where you feel the pain.  Is it in the front of your hip in the groin area, or on the side where you might bump open a door if your arms were full?  Where, exactly, is the thigh pain?  A good history can make most diagnosis.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

drobertson

I hear ya woodhauler, I will say, speaking just for myself, mine started way back in the early 2000's and progressively worsened.  You describe exactly what I was experiencing, with the exception I felt no pain while sitting or laying down.  After what seemed like, well too long, and what was I believe was called a Mylagram (spelling check) test, it showed severe blockage in my spinal column at the L-4 and L-5. They removed the Facets and inserted two rods, also repaired on disk.  Have not had the paralyzing sensation since then, the one that makes your knees buckle, but have had very slow mornings since.  Walking is the best therapy for me after the surgery.  I really hope you get this figured out, life is short, with still a long list to do, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Woodhauler

Quote from: doctorb on November 17, 2014, 09:21:02 AM
Try to be more descriptive where you feel the pain.  Is it in the front of your hip in the groin area, or on the side where you might bump open a door if your arms were full?  Where, exactly, is the thigh pain?  A good history can make most diagnosis.
Doc, pain is on right side below belt line, goes down the leg not quite to me knee. throbbing pain all the time. Xrays friday, happy pils now.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

davidlarson

Google meralgia paresthetica, read what the Mayo Clinic describes, and see if that sounds like your pain.
David Larson (retired MD)

Woodhauler

Well finally got the xrays done today, the person who took them couldn't tell me what they seen, but did say they didn't know how i walked in!!! Said most people in my shape don't walk in!! If i need a replacement i am shooting for middle of march! Mud season! Also need trigger finger surgery on both hands! Hopefully it can be done the same time!!  Or near the same time! Fix it all and get it over with!!

Magicman

Sounds like you are on the way to having a diagnosis and plan of action.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Holmes

Might want to wait on the trigger finger surgeries until you know which side  you will be able to lean on the toilet.   ::)
Think like a farmer.

Chuck White

Quote from: Holmes on February 12, 2015, 04:45:39 PM
Might want to wait on the trigger finger surgeries until you know which side  you will be able to lean on the toilet.   ::)

smiley_thumbsup    smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Woodhauler

Guess i will have to live in pain till i die! Can't seem to get a refurall to see anyone! Short of going to the emergency room i don't know what to do!!

doctorb

Is the delay because your primary care doc has not provided the referral, or because you have a referral but can't find an orthopedic surgeon?  The best way to speed things up, dependent upon how your insurance works, is to see the primary care doc in his office.   Most pts want to skip this step, understandably, but it seems to grease the wheels of care a bit.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Woodhauler

Quote from: doctorb on February 17, 2015, 04:54:26 PM
Is the delay because your primary care doc has not provided the referral, or because you have a referral but can't find an orthopedic surgeon?  The best way to speed things up, dependent upon how your insurance works, is to see the primary care doc in his office.   Most pts want to skip this step, understandably, but it seems to grease the wheels of care a bit.
Primary care is slow on everything!!

drobertson

What I could never figure out was once I went through fruitless pain shots, and MRI's the doc mentioned a test, the mylagram, again spelling check, but he said there's no way of seeing the stenosis without it.  So I ask, why go through over 6500 bucks of tests and shots for the benefit of the insurance companies when the docs need the answers to the question.  Yea it's a slow process, and one that should be pretty quick in my opinion.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Woodhauler

Got visits sheduled for my hands and my hip!!!  Mid march on both! Middle fingers on both hands are bent downward and swollen, can't staighten them out! They lock up at nite!! Hip is screwed, happy pills work somewhat. Spending many sleepless nites now

Woodhauler

May have to see if i can get in sooner or get some better pain meds, only getting 2-4 hrs sleep a nite!

Thank You Sponsors!