iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More free wood

Started by terrifictimbersllc, September 26, 2010, 04:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

Here's one for a slow Sunday afternoon:

Wanted - someone to haul away 30 ft. fallen oak tree (Thompson, Ct)

Date: 2010-09-23, 8:36PM EDT
Reply to: sale-bkefb-1970286457@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Free wood to whoever can come and cut up fallen oak tree in backyard in exchange for someone who can clean my gutters
and fix broken lamp post.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

terrifictimbersllc

Apparently someone else thinks this is not so funny:

re: Free wood - $1 (CT)

Date: 2010-09-23, 8:53PM EDT
Reply to: sale-hcyfn-1970312713@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

The person that shows up for that "free" wood is not going to be the type of person I'd want on my property.

The amount of wood in one tree really isn't that much, and then to ask someone to come clean up your yard, and fix your lamp in exchange for it is a little much.

If you want to give the wood away to someone who might be needy, then fine. But don't have the nerve to ask someone to clean up your mess, or karma will probably [** ** ** ** ** **] on this one.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

paul case

i have been involved in one of those.
you can have the logs if you will cut them down. alli want is the firewood. my son will come cut it up.

ok. i cut the trees down and take 2 of them home. when i return for the other 5 she says.

can you cut those limbs a little shorter ? my son wont be here to cut them up for 2 weeks and i dont want to leave the mess here that long.

how short?

about 16'' or 18'' she says.

i spent 2 hours cutting firewood for her and i will not do it again. the next time i will know better. when i was cutting her trees down her grandson, a able bodied 20 year old, comes by and tells her that her logs shouod be worth a whole bunch of money. next time i will mention to her that her grandson should be there earning those big bucks.   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Yup, sometimes you have to be choosy.  The White Oak logs that I got last week came with a price.  I had to cut the limbwood into firewood and pile the cleanup for burning.  This one happened to along his entrance way.  (see Reply #24)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,45526.20.html

The kicker is that this landowner has given me many logs in the past.  Red and White Oak and Cherry which required no cleanup.  In this case, it was a small price to pay.  Also, in time, he will have more.   ;)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

tis different when you know the whole deal up front.  when i was custom baling hay, i had serveral folks that  would say when i was finished '' that made more than i thought will you do that on the shares? '' pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

bandmiller2

Words to live by  "no one gives you anything for nothing". Alot of free trees are near buildings or wires and the tree co. gave them a price of 2000.00 to bring a crane in.Sure they'll give it to you if you take it down. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!