iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free Wood In the Metro DC Area

Started by submarinesailor, July 28, 2012, 06:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Hey guys,

As some of you know, my wife does public affairs work for US Customs and Border Protection.  In her work she deals with all kinds of reporters.  One of them approuched her about a log laying in his neighbor's yard.  Here is the text from his email: 

Once upon a time your husband was linked in to a group that liked to cut trees into lumber. I have an opportunity to use their service, and if he's still involved please forward this:

Pepco's wood butchers took down a tall red oak at the house across the street from me. It's broken my heart to see it cut up and fed to the chipper. Right now the trunk is all that remains - BUT - what a log it is.

The largest section is about 60 inches long and 30 inches in diameter. There are smaller pieces between 34 and 46 inches and maybe 28 inches diameter. The wood is solid from bark to center. Red oak isn't the king of hardwoods, but it should yield some nice lumber.

Would someone be interested in cutting it up? I don't know what kind someone would want to charge, but I'm thinking give me a few of the wide boards and taking the rest.

I haven't asked my neighor yet 'cause I wanted to check with you first. Whatever gets done should be fairly quickly since the wood butchers are likely to return next week to pick up the last of the logs.

We live in Hyattsville , Maryland , by the way.

If anyone in the Hyattsville, MD or northern VA area is interested in this wood, please let me know.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!