iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with Timberking B-20 loader arms

Started by rph816, May 24, 2011, 05:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rph816

I have a 2000 TK B-20.  It has the old-school mounts for the loader arms and it's a real PITA to unhook the loaders and manually load them onto the mill.  I've been doing some looking online and it looks like sometime towards the end of the B-20 run they added some mounts so that the arms would just flip up onto the mill.  I'd really like some more information on how these mounts work and if anyone could supply me with some close-up pictures or some more detail on how they work I'd appreciate it.  I called TK today and the service guy had already left for the day.  If there are short-comings, I'd like to know about those too.

Thanks

Ryan

Paper Maker

I hope you get some feedback on this. I have a 1999 TK B-20 and would like to come up with a better solution myself.

laffs

you cant just chain them up in the up poasition ? thats what i do with my timber harvester
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

ladylake

That was the first thing I did on my mill.  I mounted a piece of flat iron 1/2'  x  1-1/2  X around 14" long to the  1" pin on the top pivot . On the front arm I drilled a hole in the cross tube the size of the removable pins, to put up swing the flat bar up, pin it to the cross tube and swing the loader arm up, it's still heavy but only about half as bad. On the rear arm I had to make a bracket for the bar mounted to the origan holder . Some day I'll try and get some pic on here.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

rph816

Steve, I'd like to see your pictures.  The system used in the late 2000's model B-20s is really pretty simple from what I can glean off a google images search.  I called Mike at TK today and found out I can get the kit, including templates and a bit to drill the necessary holes for $203.  I will still need to do about 15 minutes of fabricating/welding, but time is money and I think I'd be just as well off buying the kit.  I'll try to post pics when I get around to ordering/installing the kit.

Ryan

Larry

This is my TK 2000.  Not for sure if it is the same loader your thinking about or not.  Pull the bottom left pin (I think) and the arm flips over.  Second pin to pull on the bottom arm.  I've only moved it a couple of times.

If ya want  more pics let me know.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ladylake

Nice pics Larry, I have to learn how to do that but i'd rather saw or fish, we got our limit of crappies the last 2 days plus quite a bit of lumber sawed, could it get any better. Anyway the 2000 tk loader are are way different than the B20 arms, TK sure made all the improvements they needed to on the 2000, loader arms, heavy chain turner, fast up and down, more power, hyd clamp, power guide,etc    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

redbeard

My B-20 is a 2006 and these brackets are a back saver. you just pin them to loader arm and they raise up for transport. I,am stationary so only time i use them is when I,am house cleaning. I like the Mods TK made on the 2000 when i load smaller logs they always get hung up between rails and arms on larrys mill it looks like they added a angle on end of arms to prevent that.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

rph816

Redbeard, thanks, that exactly what I was looking for.  It was some real engineering oversight to have the old style mounts where you physically had to pick up the 130 lb arms and place them up on the log deck.  I still think I'm going to buy the mounts from TK just for the ease of it.  Plus, by the time I track down the steel, drag out the tools and welder and then screw around with fit and placement, it won't be worth my time.  I don't do this professionally, but wasting a Saturday fabbing the mounts is not my idea of fun.

Ryan

Thank You Sponsors!