iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt40hd 25hp Kohler alternator

Started by Hale87, May 01, 2016, 02:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hale87

Could someone please give me a number of their alternator? The local parts store couldn't match it up and I can't find it in my books. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
2002 LT40HD sawmill, WM single blade edger, 23hp Kubota tractor, 2011 Kawasaki Mule, 2002 Honda Foreman, 1983 Case 480D backhoe

WV Sawmiller

Hale87,

My LT35HDG25 uses the 25 hp Kohler and my manual says the 12V 105A alternator PN is 050287.

I'd think is the same on yours but can't confirm.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

I have a 25hp Kohler on my mill now and the alternator is 105amp Delco.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

47sawdust

I might be wrong but I think WM has their alternators custom built so an auto parts alternator of the same amperage is not necessarily going to provide the same service life.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

paul case

In my experience it is real hard to find one that fits right.
Bite the bullet and call wm parts.
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

I have found that WM parts are very competitively priced.  I have never seen any price gouging.  Shipping can be a killer though.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hale87

I wasn't really trying to be cheap, just wanted to get back to work. I'm going to call the local guy that rebuilds them in the morning and find out what his turn around is.
2002 LT40HD sawmill, WM single blade edger, 23hp Kubota tractor, 2011 Kawasaki Mule, 2002 Honda Foreman, 1983 Case 480D backhoe

Magicman

Oh, I understand needing a quick turnaround.  My alternator has been rebuilt twice and both times, I sat on the stool and watched the rebuild.  I was back to sawing within an hour.

The last failure that I had I was 236 miles from home so I had a new one overnighted from WM.  The shipping was ~$60, but I needed it to be able to keep sawing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

This is the specific information on my alternator.

Alternator, 105A 12V CS130

Notes
105A Alternator 050287 replaces 61A alternator P03804 originally supplied (on longer available from vendor). Requires replacement of mounting bracket 014509.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!