iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trees from Cindy's woods #13

Started by GW, August 05, 2007, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GW

I find I'm just not happy unless you all are debating about Cindy's trees. ;D

This one looks suspiciously like tree #12 at first glance, especially the structure of the branches. This one even has a squirrel nest like the other tree. I guess squirrels appreciate all of those branches. Also like #12 this one has branches as low as 5 feet. It's about 12" dbh.

The difference I see is that the leaves look wider and I don't see a yellow petticoat.

GW

Quote from: GW on August 05, 2007, 02:01:50 PM

...but I'm ok with it. :)

WDH

GW,

I think that one is also laurel oak.  Can't think of anything else it might be.  Maybe it is a laurel oak with an attitude ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

I'm afraid there won't be much debate on this one.  Looks like another laurel oak to me, too.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

Quote from: GW on August 05, 2007, 02:01:50 PM

OK, so go out and scour the woods for some new specimans :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!