iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 753J Feller Buncher

Started by ValleyLogger, May 31, 2016, 06:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValleyLogger

Anyone out there running a 753 j Feller Buncher that could tell me what the normal operating temperature of the hydraulic oil is on average
My oil is getting pretty hot and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue with this model and has any info
If so thanks

1270d

I can't comment on your particular machine, but anything over 160-170f would have me worried.

ValleyLogger

The oil gets up to anywhere from 160's to 200 degrees and that is without even running all day
Been trying to find the heat source but it is a challenge

chevytaHOE5674

First thing in the morning when the machine is cold fire it up and then take your IR temperature gun and start checking the temps of valves/motors/pumps/etc and see if any of them are heating up faster than the others. On our processor I've had a bad O-ring in a valve stack cause the oil to get really hot before.

Mountaynman

if any of your functions are slower than normal check there thinking u have oil bypassing in a cylinder somewhere that's where your heat is coming from
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

wannaergo

On our 501, we had the bypass valve for the oil cooler stick. No oil would go through the cooler and it would get really hot really fast.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Thank You Sponsors!