iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

4 or 5 inch wide Band Blades ??

Started by Tobaccoman, May 09, 2013, 07:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobaccoman

I have searched the internet over and cannot find anyone who sells blades this wide. I need band blades that are 4 or 5 inches wide. I have put together a vertical head band mill and mated it to a 00 Frick carriage with hydraulic drive. Any help on where to purchase these larger blades would be appreciated. Thank you.

thecfarm

Tobaccoman,welcome to the forum. That sounds like quite the mill. Sorry I can not help you. I've seen them about a foot wide in a softwood mill years ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Andy White

Try Menominee Saw, sponsereon left of page.    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

tgalbraith

Welcome to the forum.  Check with "Menominee Saw", one of our good sponcers.( see ad link at far left) If those size bands
are available, they will know how to get them.
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

Andy White

BTW  Tobaccoman,   Welcome to the forum!!! Got cut off earlier by the phone.
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

5quarter

Tobaccoman...welcome. If you can take some time to master picture posting, Please put some pics up. Your saw sounds really interesting. I for one would love to see it!
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

beenthere

Welcome.
We be interested in your build.
Where are you located? and can we see some pics?  We like pics.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

VictorH

Welcome to the Forum!!  We need pics!!  :)

Satamax

Don't know how true, but thoses guys claimed to be worldwide leaders for wide bands at some point.

http://www.forezienne.com/en/
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

roghair

built a sawmill

tommone

Two mentioned wide bandsaw blade manufacturers  Forezienne and Pilana are in France and the Czech republic. There are four in the UK. I cannot believe there are none in the US. Why not contact
Armstrong , manufacturers of wide bandsaw sharpening machines. surely they would know. Just noticed Menominee saw are also manufacturers, Tom

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    Tobaccoman   :)

You grow it, sell it, smoke it, chew it, or spit it  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isaacpopp

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." A.L.

Thank You Sponsors!