iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

There is gonna be a new day

Started by Texas Ranger, August 13, 2015, 02:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Had been setting up a cruise for this morning for a couple of weeks, so, as is my habit, I stopped by the office to print a map.

Computer dead.  Thirty minutes latter I had it figure out and the thing was functioning, went by the computer guru and told him to fix me up.

Drove an hour to the job site.   Stopped looked at one place, and is my practice, I like to see as much boundary as possible before the cruise.  Last stop, tried to start engine, everything worked except the starter. 87 degrees, dirt road, hot.  Out of cab with hammer, under engine, hotter still.  Pounded on starter.  Out from under truck into cab, motor started.  I wheeled on home to the local fixer. 

Moral of story.  Never plan a DanG thing, let it run its course.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sandhills

Story of my life.  I guess you Texans have the same luck I do  ::).

Martha White Nelson

Yup!!!  I know the feeling! 
Martha

Bill Gaiche

That kind of stuff only happens in Texas. bg

WDH

I thought that you were going on a ship ride  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 13, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
I thought that you were going on a ship ride  :D.

I did too....I thought maybe "CARNIVAL CRUISE".  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LAZERDAN

I can't believe the hammer trick worked !      Lazerdan

isawlogs

You and Sprucebunny have things in commun.....  Joan has had so many adventure very similar to this  :D :D  And they don't all involve mice!!!!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

:D Yes, as Marcel says.... that would be just one morning for me and there probably would have been a couple more surprises in there, too.

Glad you got home OK.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

OneWithWood

I always start the day with a game plan.  Sometimes I get to work the plan for at least an hour before the plan is out the window and I am into reaction mode.
Keeps me from being bored!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tree-farmer

Story teller Gamble Rogers used to say, "life is what happens to you while your making other plans".
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Texas Ranger

Quote from: tree-farmer on August 15, 2015, 07:14:13 AM
Story teller Gamble Rogers used to say, "life is what happens to you while your making other plans".

As the old timers used to say: "It do".
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

I have long since given up on making plans for myself.  When I go out for my brief, semi-daily work period, my goal is to simply get SOMETHING done.  Fortunately, I am so far behind that when something goes awry with whatever I'm trying to do, I can just throw it down and move to some other equally desperate project.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kindlinmaker

Some level of planning is important for survival in many aspects of our lives but I always try to keep it in perspective -

Man makes plans....God laughs
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

easymoney

always keep a hammer handy. if something does not work hit it with a hammer. if it still does not work hit it on the other side a little harder.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: easymoney on August 25, 2015, 10:01:37 PM
always keep a hammer handy. if something does not work hit it with a hammer. if it still does not work hit it on the other side a little harder.

EasyMoney,

Seems you just described some people's parenting technique...

Herb

Thank You Sponsors!