iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcutter_Mo

Cold and rainy here, got a few more inches of rain on top of the well over a foot of rain we got over the weekend.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

SwampDonkey

Sounds like quite the storm, and now the mess to deal with. 
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ox

Power completely back yesterday at 2PM.  Thank God.  I was having trouble with my homemade generator.  Them NYSEG boys had their work cut out for them this round, I'll tell ya.  I'm thinking it was a microburst and then possibly some twisters here and there.  Trees being snapped off instead of being pushed over means something a little more than a wind gust I think.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

SwampDonkey

In time for a birthday party.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

Yep, happy birthday Ox, we had a bad ice storm about 10 or 12 years back, those folks earn their keep for sure!  I was hardly without power because I was on the end of the hospital's line in town at that time  ;), everyone out in the country and other places in town were out for days/weeks, we have a generator at the farm, after a week of watching the tractor run for a week straight it sure makes the electric bill look pretty cheap!

Savannahdan

Glad you got your power back on in time to celebrate your birthday.  Happy Birthday!
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Ox

1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

grouch

It's amazing what those folks will work through to restore power.

Cold and drizzly here today. Well, 46F feels cold after 80s.
Find something to do that interests you.

Woodcutter_Mo

We're finally getting some warm dry weather, other than a few placed where bridges got washed out most of the roads are now passable. All the dirt roads in the area are still a mess so the townships will be busy for a while. I'm hoping the ground will dry out some this weekend so I can get some logs brought up to start cutting some 2x6's for my room addition  :)
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

goose63

Big snow storm last Sunday 83 today olny in North Dakota :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sawguy21

We have also had some wacky weather. Yesterday afternoon was gorgeous, we sat on the deck rather than doing yard work, then last night a wicked thunder storm rolled through. Ma nature put on quite a light show. Another down pour this afternoon, I mean it RAINED  :o Fields are flooded, the farmers are at a standstill. I can imagine the condition of the logging roads.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sawguy21

The local community has declared a state of emergency, streets are flooded. The grocery store is just finishing up a major reno, I guess they will be tearing it apart to fix water damage. :'(

thecfarm

Yesterday it rained when it felt like it. Today is 52° and the wind is blowing. Showers today. Nothing but clouds and fog my way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Sun just started to open up the sky here this morning.

thecfarm

Send it my way!!
Just about to go look for some wild flowers. Our yearly drive. Might be a week or two early. We will find out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Wet,wet and more wet. Kinda cold a few times too. Saturday was a good day.Granddughter college gradution outside. Might get some sun this week. Fiddle heads are out. The black flies will be out this week.

sawguy21

Still wet and cold here but the flooding has subsided. We are supposed to get warm and sunny this weekend but with lots of snow in the mountains we could see more problems.

SwampDonkey

Cold rain here Sunday night into Monday with showers and cold breeze. Now in a couple of days it is going to be 90. Go figure. :D

I still predict a cool wet summer, it has all the signs. I would rather be wet from rain than hot sweat. ;D

thecfarm

The sun is out. Might even stay out for more than 5 minutes.  ;D  Lots and lots of blue sky.

grouch

Quote from: thecfarm on May 16, 2017, 06:46:31 AM
The sun is out. Might even stay out for more than 5 minutes.  ;D  Lots and lots of blue sky.

It's a trap! That blue stuff and light are there to lure you out in the open and then just as you get used to it, it will cook you!

SwampDonkey

92 F here today, blistering hot. Good thing I had a truck appointment for tires and vehicle inspection to avoid that heat.  Too hot too quick. ;D

thecfarm

I just knew it was going to do that. 50° and rain right to full sun and 90° and the flies are hatched out.

SwampDonkey

Kind of on the cool side with that NW wind, mid 50's. But put in the potatoes and onions today.  Three 20 foot rows of taters, more or less.  Spanish onions sets, not many but enough. I grow'm like baseballs. ;D

Ox

Mmmmmmmmmm - fried taters and onions.....................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :laugh:

grouch

The only things we have growing are in my stinky-oak boxes. Garden was just about dry enough to till and the rain started again. Tomatoes, onions, a few strawberries, a few bean plants and even a couple of corn plants. Don't expect the latter to do much in a box, though.

Thank You Sponsors!