Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ox

What will you do when your veggies end up tasting like that oak smelled?  ;D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

grouch

Quote from: Ox on May 21, 2017, 10:29:10 AM
What will you do when your veggies end up tasting like that oak smelled?  ;D

You, sir, have an evil streak.
Find something to do that interests you.

chevytaHOE5674

Been cool/cold and wet UP here. Had frost and freeze 3 of the last 5 mornings. Low of 24 the one morning. Daytime highs have been in the upper 30's to the upper 40's with 3.5 inches of rain in the last 3 days and for a brief time we even had a little sleet/snow.

Grass is green but not growing, trees still are just in the bud stage... I have a few weeks worth of hay left for the cattle, hopefully things change quick so they can go out onto grass by then...

thecfarm

A light rain. Standing around outside,after the sun goes down,one should have have a light coat.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ljohnsaw

Mini heat wave with a high pressure system sitting on us.  Last two or three days have been mid 90's.  Supposed to be 98 today and tomorrow.  Cooling off mid week to 89 8) ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

sawguy21

Mid teens (50ish F)here earlier in the week now we have full on summer in the high 20's. The farmers will be late for the first cutting once the fields dry out. There is still snow in the mountains so flooding could resume. This keeps up we will go straight from break up to fire season, not good for the mills as the log stocks are getting slim.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

65F here, light breeze and very low humidity (45 %) by this afternoon. Pressure is dropping so expecting some rain sometime.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

48° and the heat is on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

44° overcast with on and off drizzle and a cool north wind off the lake. Feels like October or November outside.

SwampDonkey

70F and lots of black flies. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A whole bunch of lots at my house. Oh well,that says summer is here.  ;D
Lilacs are out for Memorial Day.

chevytaHOE5674

Could you send some of the summer UP here :D. My Lilacs have hardly started to set bud yet...

thecfarm

Cannot spare the summer,but have a good deal on rocks.  :D  These will brighten your day right up.   :D

thecfarm

At 50° the flies don't bother me when I'm working in the garden.  ;D
A cloudy Memorial Day. Dry in the morning,showers in the afternoon.

Ox

1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

grouch

SUNNY.

Heh. No rain so far today. Bet it won't make it the whole day, though.

chevytaHOE5674

Over an inch of rain yesterday, now today its overcast 49° and windy as all get out.

Ox

Been wet and rainy for like a week now and no end in sight.  Bet it'll be around 2 weeks with rain every day.  Even the weekend is showing a small chance of rain/showers.  Wet, muddy darn mess all around.  Only good thing about it is I can catch up on some busy work and shop work.  All my blades are set, sharp and ready to go which is good too.  Only got 12 or so now so it don't take too long to get through them.

SwampDonkey

Overcast and cool today, good bush wack'n weather.  ;D

Roxie

It's cold.  My neighbor across the road has a fire in his wood shop.   :snowball:
Say when

grouch

Hot and I'm running out of things to do in the shade.

SwampDonkey

Sunny this afternoon and about 70 I believe.

thecfarm

Another 50° morning.
Brenda went Waterville,about an hour from here. She said the sun was out and it was warm. All I saw was clouds,got bright a few times and it was on the cool side going out to load customers and I went to the bank,a one mile ride, and it was misting,on the way back,the sun was trying to come out.

trapper

Coming home from helping daughter trim lilac and yard tree traffic on I41 was slowed to 45MPH because of rain.  Got home 15 miles later and everything was dry.  Cool but that is good because I have 4 logs to saw tomorrow for my tree trimmer friend plus firewood from him to split.  He brings wood to me for firewood and at times will bring a couple logs to make lumber for him which I saw for free for him.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Deese

About to get hammered with thunderstorms again. Rain. Rain. Rain. It's been like this for 2 weeks.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Thank You Sponsors!