iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logging Power trailer

Started by rasorbackQ, December 22, 2015, 03:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasorbackQ

In the market for a logging trailer.
Was looking for just a trailer and log loader but most I see look to be very heavy  before they are loaded.
  My tractor is a 47 HP Branson  but tires seems to spin  easily in soft terrain  with out  much load.

Guess the old way was to match your speed to the PTO speed from the tractor to the power trailer. If one was faster then the tires had to be changed to match the speed.
Seen a video one day of a logging trailer with a boogie system and it had a drive wheel  mounted between  and above the tires . It applied power to the tires  . What is that called   
Thanks for reading, Steven

Dave Shepard

Metavic makes a powered forwarder trailer. Member bill m has one.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

rasorbackQ

I see the site  but not any trailers with the power wheels  kit.
Thanks for reading, Steven

lopet

They're different systems out there.   What you're talking about here, is called a hydraulic drive assist.  Then there are trailers with hydraulic wheel motors available, trailers with a mechanical drive system running off a separate tractor PTO, who matches the speed of the tractor, ( not many tractors have that , but I believe  Valtra is one of them ) and  of coarse there is the hydrostatic drive.  Lots to chose and fit your budget. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

snowstorm

there used to be a bunch of those around they used a truck frame trans and rear end. pto shaft to the input on the trans

Puffergas

My Belarus had a ground speed PTO.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Ford_man

Snowstorm when they made them out of an old truck frame they had to turn the axle upside down because the PTO on the tractor turns the opposite direction of the motor. The only one that I saw was to give the tractor a faster road speed.

snowstorm

the rigs were used in the woods here. i knew of one with an old john deere b

Thank You Sponsors!