iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Why Parents Drink!!!!

Started by Mike_Barcaskey, October 23, 2006, 09:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Barcaskey

A boss wondered why one of his most valued employees had not phoned in sick one day when he had not come in. Having an urgent problem with one of the main computers, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper.

"Hello?" "Is your daddy home?" he asked.

"Yes, "whispered the small voice.

"May I talk with him?"

The child whispered, "No."

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?"

"Yes."

"May I talk with her?"

Again the small voice whispered, "No."

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, "Is anybody else there?"

"Yes," whispered the child, "a policeman."

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?"

"No, he's busy," whispered the child.

"Busy doing what?"

"Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman," came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, "What is that noise?"

"A helicopter," answered the whispering voice.

"What is going on there?" demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.

Again, whispering, the child answered, "The search team just landed a helicopter."

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, "What are they searching for?"

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle........."ME."
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Furby

I shouldn't laugh.........
But that's funny! :D :D :D

brdmkr

Quote from: Furby on October 23, 2006, 09:59:02 PM
I shouldn't laugh.........

WHY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Furby

Because it's so true!  :D :D :D :D

metalspinner

I came home one day to see my mother-in-law in the yard screaming her head off calling my son's name.  It was getting to be dusk and she "lost" my youngest then about 3-4 years old.  For 1 1/2 hours, she was looking for him.  Just as I was getting out of the truck, the police showed up.  She had called 911. Neighbors were coming through the trees with flashlights to start a search.

I went into the house, said something out loud to make him laugh and within 20 seconds came out with him in my arms.  There was  an incredible outpooring of many emotions for the next hour or so.  The policeman sat him down for a minute and gave him a stern talking to.

From his point of view it started as a game..."Let's hide from Grammy."  But as she started getting upset and yelling for him he got scared and didn't want to come out because he thought he would get in trouble.

To this day he is not allowed to play Hide and Seek.  We forgot to mention this to a friend about a month ago when we dropped him off for a play date...  Guess what happened...a frantic call from our friend that she couldn't find Zack...
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

moosehunter

When I was on the local fire/rescue squad we got a call about a missine child. The house sat by itself in the middle of a hundred acre corn field. The corn was about 6 feet tall. The lost boy was playing basketball with his brothers and just disapeared.
We had 30 fireman, state police, sherriffs, k-9 units, nieghbors..... all looking for this kid.

One of the the K-9 units showed up and did a perimiter search of the lawn. The deputy declared "he hasn't left the yard"

Now we are really confused ??? ???

Another law officer found him sleeping under a car in the garage!!
Apparently he was tired!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Tony

Quote from: Furby on October 23, 2006, 09:59:02 PM
I shouldn't laugh

That is funny, till I realized my 2 are finally old enough to dial the phone

smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw

Tony
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

GHRoberts

That type of story is so true ...

My granddaughter was shopping with her mother and got out of sight for a second.

Half an hour later the lovely child was found hiding under a rack of pants.

Tom

I ran away from home one time.  Made me a hobo bag with a red kerchief and hung it on a stick and everything.  Walked down the block and sat down under an oak tree at the neighborhood baseball field (a neighbor with a big front yard), and went to sleep.  I didn't mean to go to sleep, I just did.   I started out mad and was crying when I got there and I guess it made me tired.  Anyway, it was dark when I woke up.  I was scared even though I could see the house.  It wasn't more than about 500 feet away.

I walked into the house as if nothing had happened and was half expecting to be hugged since I had arrived all save and sound.  Mom grabbed by the seat of my pants, I dropped my hobo bag, and marched me on my tippy-toes to the bedroom where I got my bohunkus worn to a frazzle with a belt.  All the time she was hollerin' "scared us to death", "didn't know where you were",  "don't you ever go off like that again".

I didn't even get any supper 'cause they were through, and no offer of ice cream or anything.  Some lessons stick to you pretty good.

I go visit the family grave sites where Granddaddy, Grandmomma, and Momma are buried and still feel an urge, when I leave, to say.  "I'll be going on to the house now".

Corley5

When I was five or six the road commission went on strike on March 10 at Midnight.  At one AM a storm struck that dropped 12" of snow.  That was the first one.  The next two weeks were non stop snow storms until the guys went back to work.  My Dad was one of the strikers 8)  For that couple weeks I stayed with Grandpa Bob and Grandma Jean.  Their neighbor had dairy cows and also had the contract for snow removal in town.  So their road was plowed so the milk truck could to Chuck's and he had to plow to get to town to plow 8)  It got so bad he had to use his dozer to clear drifts in one area.  His little old Duplex just wouldn't do it.  Anyway back to my story.  I was staying with Grandpa and Grandma and getting on the bus there.  One morning I woke up and didn't want to got to school so I crawled under the bed.  Way back by the wall.  Pretty soon Grandma came in to get me up and I wasn't there.  She even looked under the bed right at me but didn't see me ;D :D  I can still her face clear as day and her hear yelling BOB, BOB!!!! as she ran out to the shop to get Grandpa.  He came in just as calm as ever.  I never did see him get excited and the first place he looked was under the bed.  He saw me ;D and I came out.  He thought it was funny.  Grandma didn't think so but there wasn't much she could do about it ;D ;D  I miss my Grandpa :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

LeeB

Quite a few years Back when my youngest daughter was just a toddler i waqs left in charge while the wife was at work. I had her outside with me and one minute she was under my feet, the next she was gone. I wasn't too worried as I started to look for her cause i didn't figure she could have gone far that fast. I looked around the immediate area and no girl to be found. Getting worried now. Scout around the whole 20 acres. Still no sign. I called and called with no answer, searched the two nieghboring places, saddled the horse and searched even wider. By now I'm in shear panic and head home to call the sherrif. When I ride up into the driveway here she comes walking up to me. I never could get out of her where she was. Years later I was telling the story to some one else and here two older sisters where listening in. I guess Guilt finally got to them after all these years. It seems they where playing hookie and hiding in the woods. Elizabeth spotted them and went to them. When they heard me calling they figured they where caught so they covered her mouth so she couldn't answer. I wanted to beat them but I don't figure you can whip your kids after they're grown.  >:(LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Mooseherder

Quote from: Tom on October 24, 2006, 07:49:42 PM
I ran away from home one time.  Made me a hobo bag with a  ;D (red)  ;D kerchief

:D

Part_Timer

I'm with Furby on this one.  I just couldn't help myself.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

asy

I htink this must have happened to every parent!!!

I remember when Stephanie was about 2.5yrs old. We were out in the yard, and she had been playing Dress ups in the sunroom, she had on one of her brothers old windcheaters, a blue tu-tu, green gumboots, etc, it was funny. She was running around the yard like that, helping me do some gardening.

Now it wasn't such a big yard, but it was big enough.

I planted something, then turned around and all of a sudden she wasn't there.

I searched the yard, asked her brother to help, but he was 'busy', searched the house, even searched the street (which there was no way she could get out to, but hey, ya gotta look...

She was NOWHERE.

I was beside myself.

I went through the house again, calling and getting teary.  :'(

Then I found her.  8)

She was so tired, she'd gone and climbed into her own cot and fallen asleep. tu-tu-, gumboots and all. I have the photo somewhere, it's so funny.  :D :D :D

But geez I was terrified for a while there.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

ohsoloco

I had some pretty good hiding places when I was little, I liked to use them about a half hour before swimming lessons  ;D

My best spot was behind a bookcase in my parents room.  It sat in the corner of the room, so there was lots of room for me behind it.  Took my mom and brothers at least 45 minutes to find me one night.  They knew I was in the house somewhere, and it was really bothering them that they couldn't locate me.  The hardest part was staying quiet enough when they were in the same room  :D

sawguy21

This brings back some memories. Whe I was about 5 we moved to an acreage, were not called that then,  from town. My sister, 3, and I, probably mostly I :D, decided to go exploring. We crossed the fence and circled around to a slash fire because we were getting kinda cold, it was dark by this time. Next thing we knew, there were some flashlights coming across the field and there was no place to hide. The RCMP led us back to our parents, my sister kicking and hollering because she was being carried. We were less than a quarter mile from home. I got reminded of that episode for years. " Hey, I remember searching for you" ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!