iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 576 xp muffler mod

Started by tripg1968, May 08, 2018, 09:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripg1968

I recently purchased a 576 xpg and noticed that it really runs hot compared to my older saws. Started poking around on the net and read about several people adding outlets to the muffler to get rid of some of the heat and maybe ad power. I added one outlet and also drilled 4 holes into the bottom of the baffle inside. Ran the saw and found out two things right away: its louder and its revving higher. I tried to add fuel and found out something else: the carb screws only back out so far and they stop. Has anyone on here run into this? What can be done? With a little richer mix I think this saw would run perfectly. Blame it on the epa i guess.....

Canadiana

The carb is only partially adjustable until the limiting caps are removed. They are usually red plastic and can be removed with deep threaded dry wall screws and a hook tool. Removal voids warranty. So does a muffler mod Retuning properly is VERY important. Improperly tuned saws can achieve greater power and higher temps that ruin the engine. i put a bigger hole in my 570at and got some more power, increased fuel consumption but didn't notice an increase in volume. It's not a speed demon but it is comfortable in 24" softwood. I would like to see how it does with a longer bar. 
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Skeans1

When I did hand falling all the time one of the first thing we always did was triple port the mufflers for running well it wasn't fire season. Make sure you guys add some screen over the new ports you've added as well.

tripg1968

Took the top cover off my saw tonight and found two little brass pins that act as stops for the hi and lo screws. tapped them out with a small punch and hammer and thought I had it made. Wrong! The screws still only back out 1 turn each. This saw is a 2013 husqvarna 576 xpg. There are no caps over the screws. I think thats on Stihl saws. The 2nd port I added is an outlet off of an old 272xp muffler complete wth the factory screen. I welded it in on the front of the muffler.

Thank You Sponsors!