iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MA. timber harvester's lic.

Started by Ed_K, August 08, 2014, 06:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Anyone else from ma. get a letter from DCR stating they not renewing your lic. for not having the right # of hrs of training? I'm wondering who decided to play some games. They cashed my check back in may,do you think their a little late?
Ed K

Piston

Ed,
That's too bad you got that letter, quite a bit late I may add!  How many hours of training do you need to keep up your license? 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Southside

Ed,

Is that a license to log or more of a professional certification type of license that gets you into better markets?  Just wondering. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

timberlinetree

Marcia went to the mailbox luckily mine was ok.hope it's not to much of a hassle getting it straightened out. You could call dcr forester first might be easier than calling the big house out in Boston. Then for all the aggravation they should give you a free year!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Ed_K on August 08, 2014, 06:33:25 PM
Anyone else from ma. get a letter from DCR stating they not renewing your lic. for not having the right # of hrs of training? I'm wondering who decided to play some games. They cashed my check back in may,do you think their a little late?
what? you ain't no youngun.............i expect they want you to drive 100 miles and watch some dumb video.........then you will be an expert  ::)

Ed_K

Southside logger, The license is a state lic.to log professionally, anyone that cuts more that 25mbf or 50 cords for resale must have the lic.
I checked my records this morning and have 21 hrs of training in the last 3 yrs and they only require 9 hrs.  >:(  .
Ed K

Dave Shepard

I've never gotten mine, as I don't cut that much or that often. Where do you get the training?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ed_K

Thru Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) if you need the # for Pittsfield or Amherst office, I have it.
Ed K

clearcut

Ed_K

Were at least 3 of these hours:

"Three (3) of these nine (9) hours, must focus on the Massachusetts Forest Cutting Practices Act (MGL Chapter 132, Sections 40-46) - Rules and Regulations 304 CMR 11.00: FOREST CUTTING PRACTICES, sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, Service Forestry Program."

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Ed_K

Yes, I have 9 hrs thru them. You get 3 hrs each yr by going to their class.
Ed K

petefrom bearswamp

Here in NY many mills require their jobbers to take the game of logging course.
A good idea imo
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Southside

We have a SHARP course here that is optional,  but many mills require it to sell to them.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Corley5

In Michigan to work on DNR timber sales or produce for companies that are SFI certified at least one member of the logging crew needs to hold Qualified Logging Professional status.  A 16 hour core class is required with 8 hours of continuing education annually.  http://sfimi.org/
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Holmes

They are going to make you prove you took the classes.  We have 12 hours of continuing education per year for plumbing licenses. some times the plumbing board looses the records of who took what classes when.  They take the money for license renewal then deny the renewal when they can't find the records of the classes being taken.  You may need to make copies from the receipts of taking the classes.
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!