iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new piece of iron

Started by slider, June 23, 2012, 04:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

I have been wanting one of these for a while.Had to wait and save.It is a 2005 with 359 hrs on it.Needs a set of tires but that's about it.Just wanted to share this with my buds
al glenn

slider

al glenn

VT-Woodchuck

slider

al glenn

beenthere

Iron with tires?  Sounds good. :D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

snowshoveler

That is just about as handy around a sawmill as anything.
Won't be long and you will wonder how you got along without it.
Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

fishpharmer

That's a fantastic machine! Congrats! 8)

I'm a little sad.....

that my buddy slider doesn't live closer. ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Slider, your toy is BAD TO THE BONE! That baby will work for you.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WildDog

Nice score there Slider, from the pics looks in good condition, pretty low hrs :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

bandmiller2

With a little practice you'll be able to pick someones pocket with that Deere,forks are simple and ideal around a mill,good find. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

John_Haylow

Congratulations. Looks in nice shape.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

thecfarm

Did not get used much,did it? I would put that many hours on it in 6 months. A good buy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

That is a real cat's Deere's meow.  Congratulations.    smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

Thanks all ,it is cherry.I have been watching ebay and craigslist for quiet sometime .I paid a fair market price for it but the low hours is what sold me.this machine looks brand new.Got a bucket and forks.As soon as i got it home the first challenge was to get it off the goose neck.I've never been on one.I did buckle up.Next surprise YOU CANT SEE BEHIND YOU.Well i got it off the trailer without flipping her up-side down ,then proceeded to the big slab pile.Three scoops and the pile was gone.This is one fine machine.I'm one happy camper.
al glenn

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

schakey

Think-Dream-Plan-Do

redbeard

Nice score! With numerous attatchments at rental yards you can make some good extra $$$
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

WDH

Al,

That is not fair!  I want one, too  :).  You can bring it up to my place to put it through the paces  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sparky1

their good tough machines. I think one of the strongest on the market.. Drove one for 10 years or better now. I wish i had my own too!!
Shaun J

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

customsawyer

Bring it on up and we will put her through her paces. ;D This will also let you practice loading and unloading her. :D
Very nice find. I am happy for you. I know how long you have been looking for one.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Al,

Jake and I can manage to find some humongous logs to try her out on  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

Just bring your self on down.I moved the slab pile this morning and this machine is too fine.It is much faster than our farm loader.Heck i even opened a bag of charcoal ,spread it on the grill and lit the grill with it,not to be bragging but that's quiet a feat for a beginner    ps the ribbs were great 
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!